The start of mine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scruffy

Reaction score
the beginning of my little shop, still gotta get a lathe and a mill

Hi Scruffy!

Unfortunately I'm not seeing a picture - should there be one attached?

There maybe should be a picture, but as mentioned, the beginning of a workshop, there is nothing to be seen yet I suppose....

I know, I know...I could'nt resist...;D

Still....th_wwp

Chris

Ok I think I worked it out now

DSC_0491.jpg

G'day Scruffy. Looking forward to seeing those empty spaces fill up;)

Excellent - very nice workspace! I look forward to seeing your lathe acquisition. Getting a lathe is such an exciting and fulfilling experience - so it's always good to share that. Thm:

Well you have a shop with flloor space . a good place to start. I started in the basement with a workbench . Later my wife let me have the shed room attached to the back of the house off the kitchen . It was her craft and storage room for a while. Her craft area now shares the guest room.
i still have a good bit o the shop in the basement.
Tin

I lost a little more the missus made me but the kids bikes back in there

Geez, I wish I had that much room! My mini shed is only 2.4m x 3.8m (8' x 12'). But I did move all the woodworking gear out!

I lost a little more the missus made me but the kids bikes back in there

Yeh, know about that! Eventually you will be able to move them out. If I built the roof I promised to make, they'd even be under cover!

My mini shed is only 2.4m x 3.8m (8' x 12')
That is the size of the late Rudy Kouhoups shed . He did great things.
Tin

the beginning of my little shop, still gotta get a lathe and a mill

That's not a shop! Being a fellow Aussie, I'd recognise a SHED anywhere :p Shops sell lollies and sausage rolls...

Seriously though, it looks good. I've got about the same size by the looks (18'x25' ish?) but with the dirt bikes and project car jammed in there, I have to suck my gut in just to move around.

Have fun filling it up.

hahah yup mmm lollies, I haven't measured it but that sounds about right, 3 mountain bikes 7 BMX's and the Missuses Barina. I haven't even seen my project car in 6 months

That's not a shop! Being a fellow Aussie, I'd recognise a SHED anywhere :p Shops sell lollies and sausage rolls...

Seriously though, it looks good. I've got about the same size by the looks (18'x25' ish?) but with the dirt bikes and project car jammed in there, I have to suck my gut in just to move around.

Have fun filling it up.

I havnt been on here for a while Finally got myself a lathe. Its only a baby but hopefully should get my skill back up

lathe.jpg

Nice looking lathe. That should get ya ticking. If that don't the VB will :D

I cleaned it up last night, the guy I got it off had no idea what to do with a lathe. Tool steel not ground mounted kind of dangerously and not ground at all. The little machine was full of steel dust, the carriage was bound up and notchy. Get it all cleaned up and realize that I don't have a bench grinder at home to no tool sharpening. Will go and get it tonight so I can have a go at it this weekend.

I havnt been on here for a while Finally got myself a lathe. Its only a baby but hopefully should get my skill back up

size isn't everything..... apparently.

i have seen some amazing jobs turned up on one of them.

when you go get your grinder, get some safety specks as well:)

There must be a lot of engines that you can make where the biggest diameter is not much more than an inch. Plenty of work suited to this lathe.

Paul.

Back