The London model engineering exhibition 2008

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firebird

Reaction score
Hi

The London model engineering exhibition at Alexandra palace is well worth the visit. Julian and myself attended in January this year and a splendid day was had by both of us. As a contributor to several magazines I recieve complimentary tickets. Unfortunately I won't be able to go to the next one because my wife has decided to have her 50th birthday on the same day and I'm under threat of death if I even consider anything but her. Bless her she doe's put up with a lot from me. Having said all that I have a complimentary ticket for two persons going begging that I am going to offer free of charge to any of our members although It might be a bridge too far for some of you guys over the water. It will have to be on a first come first served basis so the first person too reply to this thread will get the tickets.

Cheers

Boy if I could just talk the Company I work for to send me to London for a week..:)...They have hinted in the past but so far I have done all my training via webex...:(((( I am sure my students would benefit from me being right there....:)

Hi

I'm sure you would benefit. Here's a quick history and a photo I took on our visit this year.

The Great Hall and West Hall are used as an exhibition centre and conference centre operated by the trading arm of the charitable trust which owns the building and Park on behalf of the public. There is also an ice skating rink. Since 1995 the Palace has been a Grade II listed building. It was designed to be ‘The People’s Palace’ and later nicknamed (allegedly by Gracie Fields)[1] “Ally Pally”, and in 1936 became the headquarters of the world's first regular public ‘high definition’ television service, operated by the BBC. The Alexandra Palace television station was located on the site and its iconic radio tower is still in use. The original Studios A and B still survive in the south-east wing. The original Victorian Theatre with its stage machinery also survives. The structure is currently on English Heritage's Buildings at Risk register. There is currently an application to upgrade the listing by [2], which originally got the Palace Grade II listed (against the opposition of trustee Haringey council), and the BBC. Also, a planned disposal of the whole building for commercial, non-charitable purposes has encountered much public opposition and was blocked in the High Court in October 2007.

DSCF0273.jpg

Come on you Brits (or any MEMS member), here is a chance to get into one of the best model engineering shows in the world. FOR FREE. Your t-shirt will be wet thru with all the drooling you will do looking at world class exhibits, and also being able to to buy that elusive bit of kit you have always wanted.

I would go, but prior commitments stop me.

It seems such a waste if no-one uses them. If interested just post here or send FB a PM.

John

Hi firebird

Let me know if you want anything for the tickets or postage if the offers still open.

Cheers kevin

Hi kevin

I'll send you a PM. Hope you enjoy the exhibition

Cheers

If you guys go make sure to bring a camera, we will look forward to pictures.

My the way, print up some cards with our new web adress (the logo would work just fine) and pass them around to anyone you think would want one. ;)

Latest posts

Back