The Hubbard 1912

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks nice Bob. But why have you opened that hole unther the exhaust? Normally it stays closed & you need to glue the nameplate there.
Also boring already the hole for the glowplug you better not done I think. Because the liner come there also & the glowplug need to come in the liner also.
Now you need to line up the whole casting again fot boring & tapping the casting & liner.

How did you perfectly centered your casting to make the holes for the bearing holders??

Greetz

Barry

Hi Barry,
Had a chance to machine a little more on the Hubbard. Basically I just bored out the big end a little to accommodate the bearing holders and drilled and tapped for the 1/4-32 plug. No pictures but I also drilled for pump mounting
screws.
When I get a chance I plan to mark and center punch holes for bearings or may start turning piston.

Bob
CIMG0002.jpg
CIMG0CIMG0005.jpg003.jpg

CIMG0002.jpg

CIMG0003.jpg

CIMG0005.jpg

Good work. How did you line up and centering your workpiece to boring out the holes??

Barry

Hello friends,

First off all I have to tell you that my mother died this afternoon in the clinic.
The cancer was stronger than she. She was 66 years old.

Good, the engine go very slow. I need to think more than I can build. I have still a lot to learn....
But the flywheel is done right now:

Foto650-IDNM6SDN.jpg

Foto650-NVTYAYVX.jpg

Also I build the liner. This was a very bad job to do....There are a lot of diamont hard spots in that piece delivered tube. Impossible to turn those away , so a little grinding with a dremel , turning,........But is is ok now I hope so. Take a 5 - 6 hours to make it.

Foto650-F4FTDTRA.jpg

So now I have to find some time to build another piece.

Barry

Lawjit, my condolences, I do know, it's a bad time to go through. Best wishes for the future, Dave

Barry

Sorry to hear of your mom passing.

Dave

Larry

Sorry to hear of the bad news. My condolences.

Vince

Barry,

Sorry to hear about your Mom. Please know our thoughts and prayer are with you and yours.

Murf

You work out Come Very beautiful.

manop thailand I use the Language Translation are sorry.

Hi Dave,
I still have mine, need to fine tune a few things. Had a real short run but believe i need to work some more on the carb setup. Have had a lot of other things come up along the way so I put on back burner.
Are you building one? Look forward to hearing about your progress.

bob

Sent from my iPad using Model Engines

Hi Bob

Thanks for the reply. I've often looked at this engine and wouldn't mind having a go at building one. Problem is, I have quite a few other projects in the pipeline. Next question to self is Do I get myself another project?

Dave
The Emerald Isle

Greetings all. I have ordered the casting kit from Herr Kornmueller and have been searching the web hoping to find someone that had completed this kit. I see your last post was over a year ago. Did you finish it?

Latest posts

Back