The First BIG Mistake

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jack.39

Reaction score
I knew my lathe and Bridgeport mill were just about big enough to go 1/8 scale, 1-1/2 inches per foot. Not completed, but the bench was really needed to avoid crawling around on the floor all the time, to work on it! And, it's heavy! About 900 lbs., just the loco. Sharp eyes will see where another of my boo-boos is located: the bottom horizontal bench supports at the bottom have cut-outs made to allow the legs of my "cherry-picker" to slide underneath, to lower this beast down to the floor. Of course, for strength, those cross pieces were put as LOW as possible.....Yes, there is NO angle-bracing. All bench connections were glued; it's pretty strong, no problem there. So, as a first live steam build, it would have been better to start with 1/12 scale, I suppose.........

Thanks for looking! jack

img03310.jpg

That is dedication right there!!! Very nice work!!! How bout some more pictures???

Powder keg said:
That is dedication right there!!! Very nice work!!! How bout some more pictures???

Coming up in Work in Progress. First post there, tonight, took an hour, damn dial-up service we're stuck with here in the boonies, your being patient with me will prove a virtue, yes? Thanks! jack

Very impressive works Jack!

Rick

Jack,
That is a completely incredible piece of work! :bow:
I can't imagine the years and dedication you already have into this project.

ASTOUNDING!

Wow. The scale of that just makes me dizzy! I would have to make a thousand of my model engines to get into your weight class. :big:

Jack,

As the famous Ozzie Crow cried.

Faaaaaaark............ :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Blew me away.

Best Regards
Bob

Powder keg said:

:bow: :bow:

Totally agree !! Definitely need MORE PICTURES !! (I'm a steam loco nut :D )

Any particular plans or a design of your own ?

Mike

Wow, thats series work there.

It took me 4 months just to fix a toy steam roller.
I would ide before I found the time to build something like that.

Welcome to the forum.

Wow! My dream isn't THAT big. :big: :big:

Keep it coming.

Ron

jack.39,
Beautifull. That's about all I say....speachless

Does it run? A video of a run would be fantastic :bow: :bow: :bow:

Tony

Jack

That just excellent! Please do post more of the construction if you have any photos.

Another wannabe loco builder,

Joe

Jack,
This is the first time I have ever said this but "I will wait for dial up!".

Keep them coming when you have time, they are worth the wait!

Sean

wow thats nice :bow: :bow: many hrs there. what you going to do with it. put in the yard and ride it Thm: th_wav

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Ian(seagar)
Coffs Harbour, Australia.

joe d said:
Jack

That just excellent! Please do post more of the construction if you have any photos.

Another wannabe loco builder,

Joe

Thank you, ALL, so very much! Joe, stop being wannabe, jump in! What's to be lost, if you find it enjoyable?

If any are unaware, I have a thread started in "A Work in Progress" entitled "Lifelong Dream..." jack

Jebus! You can haul a town of tourists with that! And afterwards they´ll ask wher you "bought it"... good work!

Latest posts

Back