The Eta15d diesel - a series of 5cc versions

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ramon

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Some of you may recall I posted some pics of my attempts to make 5cc versions of this well loved British model aircraft engine in my introductory post.

When setting out I had harboured thoughts that it would be nice to eventually cover all versions plus one 'special' and here, quite sometime later, owing to some distractions they are finally finished - I thought you might like to see some images of them ...

To recap, the Mks1 and 2...
Ano%252008.JPG

The Mk3...
DSCF3112.JPG

The 'Elite'...
DSCF3106.JPG

The Elite Mk2...
DSCF3046.JPG

The family shot...
DSCF3137.JPG

...and the 'special' -the Stockton and Jehlik version.
Ano%252005.JPG

Just in case you are wondering ;) yes they've all been run - heres the Elite Mk2 and the 15dMk3 on first test.
DSCF3054.JPG

DSCF3059.JPG

The prop is a wooden 12" x 5" and the pics are on the very first run with the comp backed off and a rich mixture - no RPM's were taken .

Well that's very nearly the end of the line - the original from the Mk3 onward could be fitted with a silencer hence those two projecting lugs at the top of the crankcases. The silencer is quite a complex affair consisting of eleven separate parts but I'd like to make just the one as an accessory.

As some of you will no doubt be aware the build of these has been described on the Model Engine Maker forum. I'd like to stress that that has no reflection on this forum save the similarity of the previous build on the Super Tigres which was. I felt that might be overkill and besides that there's simply not the time to post on both - all being well then the next project will hopefully be on here :) However I have another 'distraction' coming up so that may be a for while ;)

Thanks for looking - I hope these are of interest to you

Regards - Ramon

Beautiful work Ramon! I'm in awe of the amazing result and can understand why you'd be very pleased!

cheers, Ian

They would be very nice into my vitrine with my other modelengines. Yes , I have a great collection.
Very very nice work done.

Sweet engines ther Ramon.
Very well done they look fantastic.Thm:

Back