The Birth of a Swan

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is some fine work maury!! What a beautiful engine. Sorry I won't be at NAMES to see it running, but hopefully you will post a video once its up and running to your satisfaction. Very well done!!!

Bill

Wow, you've been busy! That's beautiful Maury. Are you going to bring it to show and tell next week?

Chuck

Nice Job Maury,

I bet it will as nice as it looks; any plans to to make the hot tube functional?

Thanks for sharing your progress,
Dave

Hello Maury,

Wonderful work on the Swan, congratulations on completing such a unique and beautiful engine. Many, many thanks for posting your progress. Especially, the development of your patterns which was very informative. I will look forward to seeing the engine at N.A.M.E.S. and meeting you in person.

Are you planning to bring your Monarch Corliss engine with you? I would love to get some pictures of it.

Thanks again for all of your efforts. Well done!

Regards,
Mike

Maury

Congratulations on a beautiful engine.

Vince

Guys, thanks for the kind words, and thanks to those who participated in this thread. THere is still some work to do, another modeler is building with these castings also, and will be working on the hot tube version while I get the spark version running properly. I have neglected too many household chores for way too long while building this model, so I will probably have to set the model aside until after I return from the NAMES show.

I also plan to make videos of this (and others) of my engines, but I have a hump to get over. I can capture the video and know how to post it, but I have not learned how to edit it. Anyone have ideas/help along those lines?

Chuck, I probably won't be able to make it to the show-N-tell, but maybe I can have an open shop sometime this summer.

maury
www.lonestarengineworks.com

Latest posts

Back