Thankful

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordon

HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just want to express how thankful I am and I am sure most others are also that we have a home work shop where we can still go to the shop and build a new project, tweak an old project or just fool around. All of us would have obtained more raw stock if we had known what was ahead but we usually have enough stuff to keep us busy. Some projects maybe in limbo because we need something to continue on that operation but we usually can move on to the next piece. Within reason a lot of stuff can be obtained mail order or "borrowed" from another nearby hobbyist.

I agree 100% if I didn't have my wood shop an metal shop I would go crazy, it is still too cool out to work in the yard and garden so having my shops has saved me.

This has been an opportunity to get on with some of the less appealing parts of my build, e.g. hand sawing 14 pieces of stainless steel for exhaust bypass valves. I guess that also contributes to my daily exercise.

Being retire I would go nuts if did not have my shop and hobby. This is also a time to make those tools and fixtures you wanted to make just to break a project. Everything I need need to come UPS anyway, since there is very little available around Austin.

While my workshop leaves a lot to be desired in spaciousness, it’s still my haven in this time of isolation! Also retired, this ensures that my wife isn’t dragging me all over the state and instead gives me an excuse to “waste my time” in the shop! ;)
John W

Latest posts

Back