Thank You Steve Jobs

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agmachado

Reaction score
Hi Guys!

Today is a sad day for me and I believe that for many people around the world...

My condolences to her family and I'm sure that He helped to improve the world!

t_title.png

Alexandre

WOW ! Just heard the news. Especially poignant after Apple announced their new/updated products yesterday.

RIP Steve Jobs :(

Over 300 patents and partner of Pixar.
I'm on my iPad writing this comment.
He is having a chat with Thomas Edison in the Menlo Park lab.
Kind regards,
Giovanni

I too am saddened by his death. I've never been a big user of Apple products, although I did just buy and iPad which I love, but always felt like he was a huge figure in the technology field.

Chuck

Very sad news. I've been using Macs for over twenty years so I guess he's done a lot for me in computing terms.

Omnimill said:
.... so I guess he's done a lot for me in computing terms.

For everyone.
Before Apple, computers only existed in big businesses and at institutions like colleges and universities.
It took a few young guys working in their parents garages to bring computers into mainstream usage.

Thanks Steve for inspiring the revolution that brought me fond memories of every computer I ever owned or used, Apple's, IBM's and their clones, Commodore's, Microbee, TRS-80, Casio's, Texas Instruments T-99/4A.....

He was a pioneer in the technology world.
From the desktops to laptops to the ipod, ipad and iphones.

We all have them and love them!
I hope they can continue his legacy and make him proud!

Andrew

rip guy

as to loving apple... the iphone & itunes are the biggest pile of **** it has been my misfortune to get suckered into buying...will never happen again

So 120,000,000 buyers of iPads are duped? Lol!
Giovanni

I can remember seeing this skinny long haired geek on TV in 1976 talking
about a computer.

It couldn't do a whole lot more than decent $75 four function pocket calculator could do.

They cost a small fortune in the early days, but today you can buy that four function calculator
for $1.99 off the rack a the check out counter in the drug store.

If it weren't for Steve Jobs there would be no personal computers, as we know them today and
many of us would still be using a slide rule.

Rick

Not to put a damper on this but, how about Job's tech partner Steven Wozniazk.

Here's a quote from the Woz : "We were just a great combination back at the start," Woz told me, "because I had such incredible tech talents and Steve had just the business overview, the desire to make something out of it. How you should talk about a product. How you should price it."

Read more about it here: http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_19082667

This is kind of like walking through Sears wondering what happened to Roebuck.

Bernd

Latest posts

Back