Testing - posting a video

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john_k

Reaction score
Good day,

If anyone gets to read this and views the attached video then I guess it worked. If not, please tell me what to do.

Ok - I just tried to attach the file - all I could see in the folder were some jpg pictures. My camera (an Olympus) takes movies with a .MOV filename extension and these did not even show up as choices.

I do not have a You tube account and probably wouldn't want to get one.

I have just filmed my first completed engine and I'm eager to show it off running! in a short video.

Help, suggestions, instructions will be gratefully received.

cheers John K.

The only way I've ever displayed a video on the site is through posting a link to it on Youtube (which automatically embeds it into your post). It is free, and incredibly simple, to set up a Youtube account and upload videos to it - you can upload your movies as .MOV files without doing anything to them. The added bonus is that all your videos are then in one place and if someone sees one of your movies and is interested, they can view your other uploads as well. As you get more and more videos this becomes more important.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful (and please don't think that just because I don't know how to directly upload videos it can't be done - others may know how).

Latest posts

Back