Test run on air

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

windy

Reaction score
After a long break from the forum will give a few details of what’s been going on.
A few years ago I was ill and that curtailed me running my flash steam hydroplane.
That model is now in the capable hands of another flash steam exponent and hope him the best.
I know it was capable of exceeding 129.33mph but will require a great deal of determination.
As a long time lover of mainly motorcycle straight-line speed record attempts I am now involved with many old and new friends from that sport.
The UK main speed record venue is not far from me Elvington is my spiritual home and I was first on a home built scrap yard special motorcycle to do over 200mph their in 1974.
After over 40 years from last riding a motorcycle unbeknown to me some new speed nut friends arranged for me to have a ride at a speed meeting down runway 26 in 2019.
It was the same model BSA that was my first motorcycle it was an enjoyable ride down memory lane at 40mph.
After retiring from the model hydro scene have been creating a full size version of the flash steam engine
Hopefully to power a two or three wheeled speed machine.
A video of it running on air but there is a great deal more to do on it.

upload_2020-1-9_14-51-58.jpeg

Last edited:
Welcome back. I would be very interested in the details of your new engine. What improvements have you made?

Lohring Miller

Latest posts

Back