Temperature of the exhaust of model engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I work with youth quite a bit in and around my foundry I talk about safety when pouring , one of my things is footwear that is leather, and no laces. ( i do mostly aluminum) That said there are those that wear sandals, tennis shoes etc. they may gainsay the the need for functional foot wear, at least until they have a crucible failure. I tell them that they can believe that you can put your hand in boiling water all they want, but it doesn't change the fact that if skin is exposed to that temperature long enough it will burn it. I avoid the things statistics show that damage is "probable." We are all genetically different and have different levels of immunity to some things but live is a little like playing Russian roulette when we try to gainsay commonsense.

ART b
I can’t tell you how many steel toe boots and shoes I went through. I even had a toe smashed playing hockey when I stopped a slap shot right on big toe . It never did heal right. I should have had steel toe baseball shoes for all the times I either fouled a ball into a foot or took a line shot into foot on the mound.

Smoked since12 I'm 77 mechanic,machinist, been around carcinogens all my life,Doc says I'm very unusual, just be careful follow precautions, but enjoy life ,its not ok do my type of misspent youth,just don't hide under a blanket of being afraid. Can't get to heaven till you Die anyway.
Me too. Am 67yrs old and still going strong.

Yesterday my son said he dropped wife off at work, grocery store. 10 Tesla’s lined up at charging station owner standing around . Power grid blew circuit breaker so nobody got charging standby gen was just getting started “dirty old diesel boating black cloud over parking lot. So much for “ greenies”. What do you do when storm causes power outage. I just go out side and start up ancient gas powered generator it rattles a bit but good 110 and 220 power. Runs either heat or AC. As well as coffee pot and computer chargers i ut a little non oxy premium gas in it as needed very reliable starts at -20 F no problem . I don’t know if you can do a reverse and draw power from your Tesla. Oops drained Tesla dad have to call in to work and report dead Tesla so I need a sick day LOL All new kinds of excuses to miss work .

Moderator, how do I remove it completely?
K2
Report the post and We'll help you remove it - But only for posts that are wrong , spam, or don't fit the forum rules.

Last edited:
So visiting local grocery store 10 teslas lined up at charging stations owners walking around hands in pockets owner gif is down . Guy comes out wheeling big generator and connects it up diesel no less starts it amid billowing black cloud . Tesla now getting charging power . Where is the greenie here ? Not to mention all the mess mining rare raw materials world wide. We have some Canada has quite a bit but mines are disasters . Don’t these people listen to the geo scientists ? I guess most of these “ educated?” People never had geology in college. It was required course in high school and engineering school . They certainly did not study logic , again required studies for my education I’ve worked in some incredibly “ dirty “ environments it’s not fun wearing breathing equipment 10-12 hours a day . A fat paycheck doesn’t make it fun either. Had to wash clothes in company washers and dry in dryers so the grime didn’t get into city sewers. The only times I got paid to wash my clothes ironically products made went to third world places to help maintain their invironments .

I’ve used similar epoxy on my blown abc street rod the hard part was getting things apart when it came time to update exhaust system . Had to simply heat it with torch and pry joints apart . Lesson learned make removable sections and joints . After I had all parts ceramic coated servicing exhaust was a matter of removing corroded bolts and nuts much easier

I’ve used similar epoxy on my blown abc street rod the hard part was getting things apart when it came time to update exhaust system . Had to simply heat it with torch and pry joints apart . Lesson learned make removable sections and joints . After I had all parts ceramic coated servicing exhaust was a matter of removing corroded bolts and nuts much easier
Speaking of green don’t forget the natural gas used for cremations it takes a lot to burn up a body .

Latest posts

Back