Temp Problem

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed

Reaction score
Hi all I have a temporary problem and this looks like the place to come to.I had a pace maker put in first question can I work around the electric moters that we all have in our shops? The next problem I can't use my left arm for 45 days how can I get the parts out of my 4 jaw chuck? If i can get the part out I can use my right hand and arm be fore the 45 days are up. This setting and not being in the shop drives my crazy. I have some pictures of where I am with my project is setting now in the odds & ends build ( in the works in progress ) signed Ed Thanks for any help and I hope I don't sound like I'm felling sorry for my self.This came up quick and I'm still surprised. Ed

Ed,
I think that your question about electrical devices is best addressed with your Cardiologist and the Cardio Rehab Nurse.
Good luck
Mosey

Just a couple of ideas. Try and make use of the tailstock and large drill chuck. For hollow turnings use a stout piece of bar mounted in the drill chuck. A 22mm or 25mm neo magnet might remove or adjust work in the 4 jaw or if you can somehow fix a small 3 jaw to the tailstock. As for the pacemaker I think if you have capacitor start capacitor run induction motors you should be safe. But I would be wary of centrifugal switch motors or motors with commutators as sparking will radiate rf of varying frequencies with spiking. On this point I fully agree with Mosey, to check with qualified medical staff. We would hate to lose a valued member.

You have my Sympathies. I have just had a triple bypass and my sternum is held together with stainless steel wire and I am not allowed to lift anything heavier than 1 kg for the next 8 weeks. Driving me nuts and her in doors who must be obeyed is now doing all the things around the house and back yard that I used to do.

What part of the word are you living
The way is have your wife help you

Dave

Hi all I have a temporary problem and this looks like the place to come to.I had a pace maker put in first question can I work around the electric moters that we all have in our shops? The next problem I can't use my left arm for 45 days how can I get the parts out of my 4 jaw chuck? If i can get the part out I can use my right hand and arm be fore the 45 days are up. This setting and not being in the shop drives my crazy. I have some pictures of where I am with my project is setting now in the odds & ends build ( in the works in progress ) signed Ed Thanks for any help and I hope I don't sound like I'm felling sorry for my self.This came up quick and I'm still surprised. Ed

Sorry I didn't make myself very clear ( normal for me ). How do you turn the wrench on the 4 jaw chuck to get the part out one handed with out raising or jerking your left arm? Ed

Put in lowest gear if it has back gears put both back and strait gear. now use a wrench if you need to a tub over the handle.

Good luck
Dave

Latest posts

Back