Quantcast

Technical Problems

Help Support HMEM:

dgjessing

Reaction score
So you want the Recent list removed when viewing a thread?

I asked before and it seemed like it was always there, would it be preferred to not have on threads?
I'd like to see it gone - it just wastes a bunch of screen space and makes it so I have to scroll to the right to read things.

Seems to me it used to be at the bottom of the first page... that worked fine.

Dan Rowe

Reaction score
The forum name on Tapatalk is Keith Ubben not HMEM or Home Model Engine Machinist.

Dan

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Let me see what I can do.

Thanks!

George_Race

Reaction score
George

Just checked my notification emails and the last one I received was on 16 July at 12:53pm the same time as the last post currently on your thread (you may get different details depending on your time zone). Looks like they may have gone missing in the transition. Others have said similar, I'd guess they took a snapshot of the website to migrate it, after that posts were made on the old site but they haven't caught up with the final incremental backup being copied over.

Pete
I will wait a few days and see if the next backup brings them in.
Thanks,
George

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
The forum name on Tapatalk is Keith Ubben not HMEM or Home Model Engine Machinist.

Dan
Thanks for the heads up. We are used to Forum Runner, sent Tapatalk an e-mail to correct it.

dreeves

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
under my name it used to say project of the month winner. I would like it back as I was one of the past winner as there were many others. I took that as a great honor and pride

Dave

doubletop

Reaction score
Embedding now works by copy and pasting the URL to the Youtube video

I wasn't saying it didn't work for a new post. All the old posts with embedded video have been converted as URL's, not as embed videos. If the post is open for edit it can be fixed by the owner. If it is locked for edit you can't, most are locked.

You (Austin) need to run through all the old posts and fix the embedded videos for us. Write a bit of code to parse the threads and fix them

Pete

doubletop

Reaction score
under my name it used to say project of the month winner. I would like it back as I was one of the past winner as there were many others. I took that as a great honor and pride

Dave
Me to please

Pete

Charles Lamont

Reaction score
The date on each post is shown in mm-dd-yyyy format. This is very confusing for those outside the USA. Is there any way the system could be modified to include a date format setting, or to pick up the date format preference setting on the user's machine, please?

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

B-RAD

Reaction score
Did you run through the maintenance in admincp....

Captain Jerry

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Reaction score
Regarding the 'Recent' column. The previous version included the name of the most recent poster and the time of the post. That was useful as a quick indicator of how active the forum is at any moment. It also used an abbreviated version of the topic that wrapped to a second line and therefore took less column width.

Jerry

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Did you run through the maintenance in admincp....
Yea but it doesn't seem to be a post cache issue, it's that the auto-embedder is not recognizing the URL structure of that YT link.

dsquire

Reaction score
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LuJy9oOHUs?[youtube]

this worked on a simple machine site. I know, because I tested it before I edited your post Austin. I also noticed that when editing someone elses post post you don't have the option of previewing the edit before saving.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com
/watch?v=SKjo4i6B_1I?[/youtube]

Here is another one. Same thing, tested but no working here. Must be some settings having to do with the site.

Don

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Are those from a post? If so can you link me to that post then I can have a rewriter.

Moving forward, to make the YT via embed, you just post the straight URL:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LuJy9oOHUs[/ame]

dsquire

Reaction score
Austin

The one was from your post and the other was from a post on another forum using simple machine software. I only used it as an example because I knew it worked. I was surprised when it didn't

Don

doubletop

Reaction score
Thread subscriptions haven't been transferred. OK so we can go and re-subscribe to anything we've been tracking recently. But many of us will have subscription to lots of old threads that we'd be interested to see any updates and get involved in the dialogue.

Being a knowledge base is one of the strengths of the site so shouldn't be overlooked.

Pete

Blue_Rock

Reaction score
I'd like to see it gone - it just wastes a bunch of screen space and makes it so I have to scroll to the right to read things.

Seems to me it used to be at the bottom of the first page... that worked fine.

Another vote to have the recent box either removed entirely or moved to the bottom of the page.

Thanks Austin for your working sorting out these technical issues.

reFlad

Reaction score
Was the sidebar on every single page or just the main forum index?

Austin,
The side bar was on every page.

Also, the Karma was a great feature, like but unlike the like button. Karma went directley to the userId, not the thread. Karma was a way that someone could vote that he liked what that person said. You couldn't give a Karma to a person that you gave a Karma to within 30 min. I think that was a great factor in trust. The more Karma, the more active the userID, and the more trusting.

Fill those shoes!

Ronald

Journeyman

Reaction score
Is it possible to get the "title" to automatically appear on each reply or for the thread title to appear a bit bigger at the top of the page? I have noticed that if you flip in and out of a thread you can arrive on a page and have no indication of the thread subject. The old software used to auto repeat the title preceded by Re:

It's a short term memory thing! If I remember correctly..

Cheers John

Last edited:

Latest posts