Team Design 1 - Cam Grinding Fixture

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MadKad,

How did you make out? Did you sketch up your idea?

We would like to see any and all! ;D

Dave

Hello All: Here is a slightly different view of the same grinder shown by Jones as seen at the 2006 GEARS show. It may help you see the side of the shafts and how they are driven.
S3500059.jpg

I too am interested in this but have never seen one in action and probably will never need one but----maybe someday------the desire is there to make a multi-cylinder engine but drive is not so hot for such a long project.
I wish you luck in your endeavors and will be watching with interest.
don

Thanks for that last pic.
I guessed it was driven by a geared motor.
Now I'm not trying to be funny but that machine in the pic is so simple and well laid out that most people shown be able to make something like this with only their own sketches.

The best designs are those that you look at and say........(&*^# ,I can do that!

Dave

steamer said:
MadKad,

How did you make out? Did you sketch up your idea?

We would like to see any and all! ;D

Dave

I have been really thinking into this and really the only idea I can really come up with would be using a jig/profile idea that can be adjusted like some have been done in the designs up there.

I am just really trying to think if my idea would work, if I think it will I will try and cad the design up :)

Hello everybody.
Is there anyone doing progress on consruction of the camshaft grinder.
Let us see some drawings ;D
CS

Steamer. MadKad. Wareagel & the rest.
Is there any progress on the Cam Grinding Fixture plans ???
Been some kind of quiet on this topic for some time ;) please show us something if you have done progress.
ok ok ok I'll go back to my Upshure's Twin- plans for the rest of the evening :big:

CS

No, I haven't accomplished much on the design. Have had too many other irons in the fire recently.

Anyone else??

W/E and all,

ditto..............

I'll get back to it in a bit.........other priorities

Dave

Pulling this one out of the heap...

Anyone still interested in taking this on??

i'm still on it - but very "unsimilar"

i try to made a all2one grinder :)

cylindrical, cone and (very) (un-)cylindrical - and as i'm very automated - it has to be CNC :)
(i'ld like to grind several different cams in one setup also as cranks)

at the moment i'm sketching on the basics and don't want to urge myself into a "dead end"

another guy brough me into embarrassment as he say that such universal should also
support surface grind :) (not very large grind area - maybe 2" by 5")

Frank

if anyone is interested in my "work" can take a look to this PDF:
http://irc.global-radio.ch/img/Rundschleife/Baugruppe.pdf

I am interested in this issue as i have at least one cam for a 4cylinder engine next year and possibly 2 others later on next year so a cam grinding fixture is high on my list of to do's.....

We are coming into a bad time of the year to get thing rolling... My time will sporadic, but anyone else for making this thing go??

Back