Team Build 8

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all! Sorry for causing stress. I haven't logged into the form for quite a while and didn't know things on #8 had kicked up again.

The parts are looking great Path :) I've had a number of other activities creep into my life over the last year, but this may get me working on more engines ;)

Brian,

Glad to hear that all is well.:):)

Do you plan on continuing your build on this engine?
If so, there are parts to be sent to you.
For me I need to make an eccentric because I goofed-up on one during the fitting. So it will take awhile before I can make a replacement..

Welcome back.:)

Path

Is it still the plan to auction #10 for charity?

Chuck

As fas as Im aware that is the plan.
(I have also got TB7 to auction, I finally have it assembled)

Any suggestions on how where to auction it?
ebayb or here on this site.

chris

Got the eccentric set and clevis today. Had forgot they were coming. Very nice, Pat.

Anybody find 2-56 SHSC at a reasonable price? My local Fastenal wants upwards of $0.25 each, or upwards of $25.00 per box of 100.

Chuck

Pat, got my parts today as well. Looks great. Chuck how many do you need I have good amount of them

Dave

Thanks for the offer, Dave. I only need the 2 for the new parts, I'll try my local Fastenal, if they will sell just 2, 50 cents won't break me. I can't see buying a box of 100, I don't usually make anything that small.
If they won't do 2, I'll take you up on your kind offer.

Chuck

Pat,

If I had the parts, I would finish assembling the engine. However, please feel free to use the part slated for me to finish yours first. I have plenty of things keeping me busy these days. I'm happy to wait until you get around to making another part some day.

best...
-Brian

Pat

My parts arrived today I'll echo every one else, very nice work!

Thanks, Joe

Pat, The parts look great just like everyone says. I did notice a problem with my parts however. The eccentric rod is too tight a fit in your parts. All I had to check size with was a 2-56 nut which worked ok. I'm going to make a tapped
gauge and rework the rods. All of the rest of the parts are finished.

Chuck, What length of screw do you need, I've got dozens of several lengths
that were surplus to my last employer. I'm sure there are 3/16, 1/4 and 1/2
plus smaller quantities of other lengths. I'd be happy to send some to whoever needs them.

Mike

Mike, I need 2 ea. 2x56 setscrews about 1/8" long. 3/16" length might fit, but I don't have the parts in font of me to check.

Chuck

Last edited:
Who was doing the beam links and parallel links. Sheet 17?
Chris

Who was doing the beam links and parallel links. Sheet 17?
Chris

Chris,

Page 17 is an assembly page.
Part details are on page 15 (most of the little ones).
Item 30-35 are on page 15 and were assigned to rhitee93, which I believe
have been sent out. I think I have mine anyway. Just checked ... I do have them.

Except the Cylinder Rod End Bushing, which we have to make ourselves.

Edit ... rhitee93 also had item #36 page 18, Steam chest cover. (I also have this)

Path

Last edited:
Brian,

I was just looking at all your parts ... really look nice. ;);)
Very shiny ... did you put them in a tumble?
If so, what was the model and how long did they tumble?

Thanks,

Pat

I can't remember that far back...
Shoot!, I don't remember what parts I made , now...

Chuck

Chuck ...

My paper work says you were assigned page 7,
items 8,9,10, and 11 which I have. :)

I think you also posted your finished model ...running.
But some time ago it was "removed" if so would you mind re-posting? :)

Path

Yup found my missing pieces. The tool box troll slipped them down to the bottom, along with a few other parts too :)

Pat you do nice work, pieces look good.

Chris

Chuck ...

My paper work says you were assigned page 7,
items 8,9,10, and 11 which I have. :)

I think you also posted your finished model ...running.
But some time ago it was "removed" if so would you mind re-posting? :)

Path

I can't find those pics, but I will take some today and repost. I think I had a video of it running, too. IIRC, I had a problem with timing, but finally got it running.

Chuck

Found the pics, and the video. But the video won't load. Here's the pics, I put the vid on photobucket if interested.

Chuck

DSCF1406.jpg

DSCF1407.jpg

DSCF1408.jpg

Brian,

I was just looking at all your parts ... really look nice. ;);)
Very shiny ... did you put them in a tumble?
If so, what was the model and how long did they tumble?

Thanks,

Pat

Ha, I don't remember what I did, but it probably ran them through a tumbler. Most likely with walnut shells in an old rock tumbler I got as a kid that I still use for stuff like this. Otherwise it would have been my Lyman brass tumbler with corncob media.

The links were stainless steel, so they polished up well.

Back