Team Build 8

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can appreciate the health issues that have interfered with ninefinger and Maverick. I am glad to do anything to help, including a contribution to the mailing costs.
I would like to see all parts completed and the 10th engine auctioned as per the original plan.
Let me know what I can do.

Chuck

Pat,
I am continuing with my parts, there has been more progress in the last month that most of last year. I have some pics but was unable to access my old
photo sharing account. Is this still the only way to post them? I could email
them to someone for reposting if someone could PM an address.

Ninefinger, I'm sorry about your health issues and hope you are able to return
to good health soon. I do know for certain that when things start going downhill they pick up speed in a hurry.

Maverick

Guys,
Let me find the parts I made and send them out to Pat and / or Chris. Cost hasn't been the issue for me and I'm more than willing to front my share of the cost of getting the parts out to the various members.
As it stands now I don't foresee having a workshop for a few months minimum so I can discuss with Pat and Chris how to divide up the parts made / remaining to be made.

Mike

Hi Team,
My parts are going really well, I do have a pic but can't find my photobucket account info. If one of you will send me your email address, I will send a pic for you to post.
I'm down to finish work and the setscrew hole on the flywheels. There are 8 Crankshafts done and 2 that got bent, so I will redo them as I made spares.
I"m happy to say these parts will be on there way soon.

Maverick

Maverick, you can post the pic here. Go to reply, scroll down to below the text box. You will see 'Manage Attachments' button. Click on that. Another window will open allowing you to browse your computer to find the picture. Click 'Upload'. If you click 'Preview' instead of post you can see what it will look like.
PM me or post here if you have problems.

Chuck

CIMG1438.JPG

Wow looking great. Can't wait to see them in person.

Dave

Flywheel setscrew holes are done and they are ready to go. Most of the cranks are ready also. I don't remember if the team members address's were posted, any clues?

Maverick

Maverick,

Great progress .... :):)

I have the addresses and can email them to you ... probably Thursday as I'm tied up with taxes and severe back pain. Also we need to know what members needs these parts.

Thanks,

Pat

Pat I still need my part. Man they are looking great

Dave

Pat, Taxes give me a pain too, just a little lower than my back. I have to get some shipping material, any suggestions? Maybe USPS flat rate boxes? They seem to be the
cheapest.

Just checked the box of parts on the workbench, I need both.

I'm happier about tax time this year, just got a nice refund from the Provincial
Gov't. I smell a tool-shopping trip....

Cheers, Joe

Team update ...

Looks like people are checking in and letting us know that they need the parts that Maverick has been making. That's great ... so in the next few days I will try to get hold of those who have not responded, then I will provide the addresses to Maverick.

Maverick ... thanks for hanging in there and finishing your project ..:):).
I would probably use the USPS flat rate boxes.

Now the not so good news ...:(

A little bit of background..

Some months ago ninefinger mailed his parts to Chris for review to see what needed to be done. After his review we agreed that Chris would finish Items 14,16, 37 and 38 and I would do 15, 17, 39 and 40.

At that time I thought I would be able to finish those parts without any problems ... not so. For the last 7 months my back has very painful but I was a able to move around and if needed just sit. But I did have a MRI which reveled a herniated disk pressing against some nerves. We decided to wait and see if things got better ... they did for a while. But it really got worse so I got another MRI ... much worse ... Now it's time surgery.
They say recovery time is about 3 - 4 months.

So here is what I'm asking ...
I would like for another team member(s) to pick these parts.
I don't want to delay finishing this project any longer.

Any takers?

Path

I'm too far away to help in your build but I wish you well with your surgery. A good friend of mine has had it and it worked wonders but although his pain reduced quickly, his lifting and twisting abilities were severely restricted for a long time. He also has to be very careful for the rest of his life.

Ironically, I was helping him out when I suffered the same injury about 18 months ago. It has got bad enough that I have had to close my furniture removals business and I'm currently trying to determine what sort of employment I can do in the future. Same as you, I can only sit for a little while and my shop time is limited to short bursts, especially if I drop something on the floor. My doctors tell me it's not bad enough for surgery yet and I need to wait until it degrades more. I'm not looking forward to it getting worse so I can imagine what sort of pain you're in. Good luck and I hope you have a nice quick recovery.

Al,

Thanks so much for your encouragement. I have reduce the pain killer pills from 8 per day to 2 and some days less. I'm currently going the pre-opt testing phase.
That will take a couple of weeks.

I also wish your a quick recovery when the time comes. You might have to press a little to get it done sooner than later.

Path

Latest posts

Back