TB3 - Status

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brass_Machine

Reaction score
All,

Powder Keg was originally leading this build. He has been absent due to personal reasons. I am going to try to take over and make sure this one is completed.

Where is everyone on their parts? Do we need more time?

Eric

I have made about half of my quota. I do need a current count count of participants as I'm not sure if I'm short. I do have all the materials on hand to finish in a reasonable amount of time.

Since TB2 was taking such a long time I sort of stopped on the TB3 work.

Understandable.

I think we need to push this out by a few months. Give everyone a chance to catch up on life.

Eric

Hi all

I started today with the making of a fixture for the governor weights...(since I just finally finished my stuff for TB2...)

I'm also doing the points, and as yet have not found a supply of tungsten, I suspect I will have to do the "cut a welding rod into little bits" for this.

I stocked material for 16 of everything, but no big deal to get more if required!

Joe

Got material for 16 sets of steel flywheels, got a program started to bang em out.

Brian

Hello all, I have the material for 16 cams and have a couple or so finished if anyone is desperate, the rest are in the process of being completed. Can energise them quicker if needed. ;D

Hi Eric

Regulators are almost all done (Still got the springs to make).
Points aren't started yet, but don't look like they'll take much time. Query for anyone who knows more about this than me (virtually everybody...) :
the plans call out 1/8" tungsten for the points, the welding rods I've got for material are 3/32" will this make any difference in their operation?

Cheers, Joe

That's cool Joe. Can't help you on the points stuff...

I have a feeling this build is going to take a while.

Eric

Hello Eric, would it help you if each participant (I'm doing the cams) gave an estimate of how long their part could take? That way it may give you an idea of any blockage points and a current list of parts being made. That is of course unless you have that already?

For my part I could have the cams finished (as far as I can since some work needs doing when the rest of the engine exists - according to my copy of the plans)within say a fortnight from the date of this post if required.

Mike

Latest posts

Back