TB3 - Roll Call

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The build numbers stay the same. I am just adding him as the 'show' engine we typically build. So everyone keep building the part numbers you were originally sent.

Thanks
Eric

Look chaps I don't want to be the centre of any problems. I only asked if it was too late to become involved. I never expected, nor want a finished engine. I enjoy the process rather than the end result. So I am happy to wait until a team build four is started.

I don't want to cause problems Brass_Machine so thanks for trying to add me to the list and I will look out for TB4.

Mike.

hey mike i don't want you to think my post about how many parts to build was a complaint.
i would be very happy to build enough for ten more engines. as far as i'm concerned the more the merrier. :D ;D

please.......join in on the fun

chuck

Metal Mickey said:
Look chaps I don't want to be the centre of any problems. I only asked if it was too late to become involved. I never expected, nor want a finished engine. I enjoy the process rather than the end result. So I am happy to wait until a team build four is started.

I don't want to cause problems Brass_Machine so thanks for trying to add me to the list and I will look out for TB4.

Mike.

Too late for that Mike. :big: Just kidding.

Please stay in this build. It really isn't a problem to have you in it. There are no extra parts for anyone to build. They only thing that is changing is the distribution of the parts.

Eric

Well if you are all sure.........................I didn't take any comments as complaints.........

Regarding numbers I didn't expect an engine. I really do like making, rather than running, so don't let the show one go. Keep it for shows, and not for me. It will only sit on a shelf.......

I will start on the cams next week if you are happy for me to do so. Before I start though, have you any idea of the material I should use?

Mike

I don't want to cause any trouble so if it means the show or charity one going to me then no I don't want one. If those two were protected and there was a true 'spare' then yes I would be happy to own one.

I have made the fixture but I can't start on the cams until I know what material to use. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it!. I am going to try making one as a practice in steel. I may even try hardening the practice one as I have the powder but have never used it.

Looking at the build instructions the flat on the cam will need to be done when it is with the engine as it is critical for timing. Since the author soldered some brass on the cam I guess it must be steel. Whether it needs anything more (including hardening) because of the type of engine, I will leave open for comment.

Really looking forward to producing them..........

Hi Mike, I think Eric referred to the material in the post before your last one. (Steel)
As far as getting an engine , I feel every participant should get one.Speaking for myself here! If the spares are spoken for it's just another piece. We are doing this for the experience and enjoyment aren't we? ;D Relax and have fun with it.
Dick

Ah! I thought he got the name wrong! :big:

OK no need to harden I guess looking again at the type of engine. I get right on to it tomorrow. 15 cams in steel coming up :eek:

Tee hee...........................

I'm really sorry fellows, but I think I have too much on my plate right now to stay in this team build.
If it goes on long enough I may be able to free up some time down the road. I just have too many projects on the go at the moment.

-Kevin.

Any positions left, haven't got milling facilites.

hI

This is srini from india , like to build an I.C engine shown. Can any one help me to build.

Latest posts

Back