TB3 - Roll Call

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Powder keg

Reaction score
Here are the interested parties for the IC build. If you need Plans, Email me or Eric and we'll see you get a copy:eek:) If there are certain parts you want or don't want:eek:) let us know. Me, I picked the parts, I thought, would be hard. That way I have to work for it. Plus after 14- 15 cranks. They probably won't be as daunting.

Parts left=

1. regulator arm
2. cam

Joe d - Regulator and Pionts
Te_gui - Flywheels
JMe - Gears, Cam slide Bearing, Rocker arm, Pivot, Pin, and regulator arm pivot
Twinsquirrel - Start Lever and carbs
Zuesrekning - Spark plugs and oilers
PowderKeg - Crank shaft's
KustomKB - Piston, pings, wrist pin, and connecting rods
Bretk - Mufflers and fuel tanks
Chuck Foster - Cylinder heads and valves
Dick L. - Cylinder block, liner, and Bobbins
Brass_Machine - Base bottom and base sides, bearing caps, and main bearings
kvom - Push rod, push rod bearing, push rod nut, and cam follower

I'm excited about this one. It will be my first I. C. engine.

Later, Wes

Cool. I think I will do the base bottom and side

Eric

Please note: This will be a 6 month build... ETA December 2008.

I confirm i am interrested with gears and some small brass parts
Regards
Jacques

As soon as I get plans I'll pick a part.

...edit...

Looked at the plans; how about the push rod, push rod bearing, and push rod nut?

I'll take what ever. I think I haven't seen plans. Wes If you get overwhelmer I'd like to try some spark plugs.
Tim

I added the parts that are left to the top of the page. If I missed any please let me know :eek:

Thanks, Wes

I'll go for the rocker arm, pivot & pin.

Joe

Hi
you may add for me :
1. Cam slide Bearing
6. Rocker arm, Pivot, and Pin

I think offer to make flywheels, i have a fine source for continuous casting, but it is too expensive to send so a heavy package (15 USD per wheel !!) from Belgium to US. Price for Belgian Postal service.

Regards
Jacques

Hi all

is it just me or is there no drawing HHM1-10? I see in the notes that Mr Kerzel likes to have builders get serial numbers from him... should we get a block of sequential numbers for ours, and perhaps add "HMEM TB3 No. ?? of ??" just for the heck of it?

Joe

I got my prints from Chuck. David is getting me the prints. If pages are missing I'll get them out, but I couldn't see anything that wasn't there? I was going to talk to him about serial numbers also:eek:)

Wes

When I read the part about the numbers, I thought he said they would be assigned after each engine is running.

I thought I had posted earlier offering to do the flywheels. I don't see that post now, apologize if it shows up twice. What sort of material and how many engines are we building again?

Question reading blueprint (HHM1-13):

The pushrod lock nut is a 3/16" brass cube drilled and threaded 6-32. It seems that there should be a round "collar" around one end of the threaded hole around which one end of a spring rests. However the plan states "turn to .235 diameter". Is this a misprint (should be .135), or am I misreading something?

Also, can someone explain why the dimensions on the pushrod bearing are in red?

te_gui said:
I thought I had posted earlier offering to do the flywheels. I don't see that post now, apologize if it shows up twice. What sort of material and how many engines are we building again?

+2 to how many team members. So 12 members +2. 1 for each member, 1 for HMEM to display at shows and 1 to sell for website support or charity.

The display model will be available to all members who go to shows.

Eric

I think I will be able to tackle the start lever plus something else..... I fancy the carb but I think it may be out of my league, although we do have six months or so....

David

sign me up for the connecting rods. thanks, are the plans uploaded?
edit. sorry didn't read all the previous posts.

Wes:

If nobody else is lining up for them, I'll do the points, they look interesting.

Joe

Joe, What are your plans on the tungsten contacts for the points? I had looked them over and wondered about 1/8"dia TIG welding electrode. But I'm not sure how that would cut the 100% is super brittle. The 2% thoriated (sp) is not as bad. But if those options do not work I have tons of tungsten scrap at work. I can get a few pieces of. It is 92% pure machines like cast iron. I think the 2% would probably work best but let me know.

Does anyone involved with the team build already have a running IC engine??? Reason I ask is I built a transistorized ignition a few months back. It worked well on my test engine (junk yard two stroke) but I was never able to test it on an engine known to be a good runner. Problem I had was with high RPM but the carb was shot on the engine. If anyone has any ideas PM me.
Tim

Tim

I was figuring to go to the local UAP/NAPA and ask if they stocked them... If you've got access to some raw stock I'd happily work with that! Next question is how it solders, figured on some experimenting to see if soft solder would work, or if it would have to be silver soldered.

Cheers, Joe

Back