TB3 - Gears

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMe

Reaction score
Hi
This morning, i try to order some tools and the 2 gears cutters from McMaster-Carr. Unfortunately i receive this message from there sales department :

Jacques,

Due to the ever-increasing complexity of U.S. Export regulations, McMaster-Carr has decided to only accept orders from a few, long-established customers of ours overseas. We cannot accept your order, and regret any inconvenience this causes you.

Your order has been cancelled.

My order is for a total amound of USD 236.45 ( but if i may remove some lines :-(( )

Maybe someone on the forum may offer a solution. I pay to you (with Paypal) material, shipment to you, sales taxes, Paypal fees. When you know price for shipment to Belgium, i pay you the same way. You may sent these goods to me as free gift ;-))

Is it possible or am i dreaming ?

Many thanks in advance

Jacques

JMe said:
Maybe someone on the forum may offer a solution. I pay to you (with Paypal) material, shipment to you, sales taxes, Paypal fees. When you know price for shipment to Belgium, i pay you the same way. You may sent these goods to me as free gift ;-))

Not a problem Jaques. Mcmaster Carr is only a few minutes from where I live. I can pick up and ship to you. PM me and we can discuss.

Eric

I too, encountered this reply recently. The part that I thought was especially dumb though was that it appears as though your order goes through on the web site, despite entering in your shipping address.

Now c'mon. Does their web site department or provider not have the capability to do a little bit of simple filtering at that stage and tell you that your order can't be processed? In my case, if I recall correctly, it was a day or two between seemingly placing the order and receiving this message back.

I sent them a reply (not sure if anyone ever received it) suggesting that they upgrade their web site to avoid pissing off people like me.

I'll have to check out what sorts of goodies MSC has. Thanks for the suggestion Chuck.

-Brian

For my own education, can you indicate the page in the catalog and/or part # for the gear cutter you are ordering?

Hello
thanks to everybody for your help.

Chuck, i follow your advice and ordered at MSC. Order encoded and waiting for price of shipment

Eric, thanks for your offer. I am back to you in a few days with a PM

Kvom, i try to order 3034A322 (USD 37.54) and 3034A622 (USD 37.54) from McMaster-Carr an i ordered 03193232 (USD 31.45) and 03193265 (30.68) from MSC

Regards

Jacques

Perhaps you could simply borrow the needed cutters?

I had a similar problem when ordering something from MSC. I paid for it with my NZ Visa card and payment was accepted. I entered a shipping address which was different from my billing address. Two days later I had heard nothing so I inquired about my order - what order came back the reply! I quoted the order number and eventually I got a response that said that they did not accept out-of-US Visa cards as payment! What, I asked, VISA is global and accepted all around the world but not apparently by MSC. The shipping address was via a NZ Postal warehouse in Seattle which undertakes to act as a go-between for when we Kiwis want to purchase goods from US companies that refuse to ship worldwide. They (NZ Post) undertake to onward ship the purchases to NZ at NZ shipping prices. I also tried to purchase said items specifying an NZ shipping address but also MSC declined to accept the order because payment was via a non-US Visa card. I went elsewhere as it was like banging one's head against a brick wall, nice to stop!

Latest posts

Back