TB3 carbs...fuel preference?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twinsquirrel

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm gonna try to get some materials ordered for the carburetors this weekend and would like to know what your fuel preference is. I suspect that most people would like the liquid fuel carb but I'm more than happy to make the propane version as well.

Cheers

David

David,

I am planning on making liquid fuel tanks, (not quite up for making propane ones :eek:) so my guess is liquid all around

-Bret

gas-o-line is for washing parts............alcohol is for drinking ...........nitro is for racing ;) :D ;D 8) ::)

chuck

I never heard of anybody racing with a hit and miss engine?

Wes

Powder keg said:
I never heard of anybody racing with a hit and miss engine?

Wes

Well Wes,Thats a good enuf reason to do it huh? Mabey an RC hitnmiss race tractor :) :big:

Who says there is no hit&miss race contest in switzerland :big: :big:

its true, there is no such event... :D

But, nitromethane is being used in model race cars, airplanes, helicopters and also boats.
Actually, the basic stuff is methanol with a certain amount of nitromethane. (usually 10, 16, 25 or 30 percent)
And of course, these model engines need some oil. In the past it was only castor oil they used; today, they use fuels with synthetic oil, sometimes mixed with castor oil. (synthetic oils are good but in some issues, castor oil is still better)

Just to give you a little overview. ;)

Florian

might not want to race your hit and miss engine but what about racing your bull dozzer ????

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6vbhvnIWVk[/ame]

chuck

Or Powertools:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiwGiR3zQjc[/ame]

;D ;D

on night shift many years ago some of us guys (idiots) would take the big belt sanders (used to sand down large sections of hardwood flooring in bowling allies) and we would sit on the sander and ride them down the main hall way in the factory. the building was about a 1/4 mile long :eek:
i don't know how fast we were going but a 100 foot extention cord would only let you go for a few seconds :big:
so one night we got a heavy gauge extention cord and it was about 300 or 400 feet long, well that was allot of fun until the sander took a sharp left hand turn............the guy riding it (not me) hit a fork lift the was parked near by and broke his pelvis and his left arm :eek:

needless to say we never raced the belt sanders again.......but we did race skate boards with model rocket engines, but that's another story ::)

chuck

Latest posts

Back