TB2 - Distribution List

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brass_Machine

Reaction score
All,

I am working on the distribution list for the parts for Team Build 2. I hope to have it emailed to all the members tonight.

Is there anyone who can't ship their parts in the next few weeks?

Eric

Eric,
I have 4 pieces that can be shipped. The other 4 are in various stages of completion thanks to an oops.

Kevin

I just need to tap the 5-40 holes little deeper, had last 2 weeks off work and thats where parts are. I'll be picking up some screws to put in em per prior discussion. Probably socket head capscrews unless otherwise requested. Thats what the holes in the base are counterbored for as well, PM with contact info. is on its way.

Brian

I got the distro list done. I just need 1 address to finish the list.

bretk, where are you?

Eric

I am going to give bretk a day or so to respond. It isn't looking good as he hasn't been online in a long while.

So, if he doesn't respond we need to do 1 of 2 things...

1. everyone make the one part missing themselves

or

2. find a replacement builder

Any volunteers for a replacement builder? Anyone else want to get involved?

Thanks
Eric

Bret was supposed to do the piston rods (16) and forks (32).

I have a fair bit of 1/4" brass bar, certainly enough for some forks.

I'm re-starting class this week. Let me see how much time it takes me to make a couple of forks. I think it would be quick to mill the profile. If everyone would undertake to drill the holes on their pieces they could probably be ready to ship pretty soon.

I don't have any 3/32 brass rod.

I have a member who is interested in taking over for BretK. If I don't hear from him (bret) tomorrow, we have a standby ready to go!

Eric

Also, please note, I am still not done on the mill CNC conversion, which is ahead of my TB part in my shop queue. Once I finish the conversion, I don't think the parts will take long, but if folks are in a hurry, we may want to reassign the part. I won't mind, but I do intend to do the parts right away just as soon as I can CNC them!

Appologies for the inconvenience,

Bob W.

I don't think it will be that long, but let's take a worst case. Suppose things go terribly on the mill and it was 8 weeks?

BW

BobWarfield said:
I don't think it will be that long, but let's take a worst case. Suppose things go terribly on the mill and it was 8 weeks?

BW

I will re-arrange the distro so your parts are going towards yours and the 3 extras. Sound good?

Eric

The list has been emailed.

Some of you won't get it as I don't have your email address.

So check your email (and spam\junk folder)... If you don't have it, send me a PM with your email!

Eric

Today I mailed flywheels to:

te_gui
Dick L
Bob Warfield
Zeusrekning
ksouers
GailinNM
ghart3

Sent 1st class so you should be getting them this week

Hmm, i didnt get a list yet. How are people sending these parts, I guess I need to go investigate options at the post office.

Brian

Mailed out today Rods & Forks 16r & 32f
Went out parcel post because I goofed and made envelope to thick.
One of the forks is drilled and tapped - 0-80 and has sq head set screw in it. Set screw maybe to short if flat put on rod. There is another longer 0-80 screw included but it has Phillip head.
Gary

te_gui said:
Hmm, i didnt get a list yet. How are people sending these parts, I guess I need to go investigate options at the post office.

Brian

Brian,

PM me your email address and I will email it to you. Your email address is hidden.

Eric

Hi

14 wooden sub-bases, and two sets of bearings (Lg & small) with the appropriate capscrews went in the mail to Eric (Brass machine) this AM. May take a while, last year I sent a box of similar size & weight to Wes (Powder keg) and it took over two weeks to get there (this is so-called EXPRESS service). I guess the little puppies in the post-office dog sled teams get tired......

One sub-base and set of bearings will leave tomorrow for KustomKB (I had to get another mailer)

Cheers all, Joe

Back