TB2 - Cylinder Shaft-2

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good job, Kevin.

I'm afraid I've done screwed the pooch.

I drilled and reamed the cylinder bores on some Saturday and discovered I missed placing the angled hole by a couple thou, ended up opening up a goodly portion of the angled passage on a couple. Got a nice long scar inside the bore. So, I have some do-overs. I got so disgusted I gave up and worked on getting the DRO mounted to the big mill. Started making the new ones on it.

No, I'm not blaming the X2. It was all me, I just drilled the angled hole too close to the cylinder bore instead of at the edge of it.

Thanks Kevin.

I'm sorry to here about that :( They usually go quicker the second time around :)
I'm looking forward to seeing these together.

No big deal. I had a lot of do overs with the 1st one. :big: Glad we extended the time now? ;D

I am sure the next batch will go quick.

Eric

Making a batch of those is impressive to me. I would be challenged to make even one, esp. given the amount of brass scrap I have been generating lately.

Brass_Machine said:
Glad we extended the time now? ;D

Yer dern tootin'!!

I just hope I can find/make the shop time. I seem to be in a crunch for time on everything lately. Spare time is coming more in 10-15 minute blocks rather than an hour or two, hardly enough to get started on something. It never fails, just as I start something the phone rings and there goes my free hour. Grrrr!

Latest posts

Back