TB1 - How is everyone coming along

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like everyone has been very busy here with lots of very cool projects. I should be able to return to the shop in about 4 weeks. I had surgery on Monday (1/19) in which they removed the hurniated disk, placed a cadiver bone to make up the space, screwed in a metal plate and grafted a bone over that. I can tell the difference all ready, the arm pain is greatly reduced. I still have some weakness in my right arm that may or may no change. I can get by just fine the way it is right now and I am itching to get back to the shop to finish up projects that I have in the works.

I have the next 4 weeks home to recover so I plan on getting caught up on some reading here.

Take care everyone.

Bob

Well ,got the bits from brass machine and put them together ,a bit of tweaking and it runs nicely, made a little wooden handle for the reverse valve, managed to break the inlet fitting, made another one and broke that too!, so I drilled out and put a 3mm thread in there for more strength, after about the 8th attempt to solder the copper tube I gave up and used a bit of brass tube I had (made that slightly too short but it's staying there!) also the conrod is very close to the cylinder on each side so it might be worth filing a little room for it, but good work everyone!

I think I'll take it apart, polish it up a bit and give it a coat of lacquer but here it is!
opencsc3.jpg

Giles

Awesome. Start a separate thread in the photos section! I am sure not everyone looks in this thread...

Eric

Giles,
Is that the first one to be completed?

Can we expect a video? ;D

Looks great. Can't wait to see the others.

Kevin

ksouers said:
Giles,
Is that the first one to be completed?

Can we expect a video? ;D

Looks great. Can't wait to see the others.

Kevin

I would say yes to that. Mine is 99% complete. I just have to make a reversing lever and do some fine tuning.

Eric

It's good to see the first complete engine from the first team build! Well done, this is definitely a huge milestone in my opinion! ;) ;D

Very nice!

Mine sits on my desk right in front of me. I need to make a reversing valve for it to finish it.

Best,

BW

Bob:
You do realize taking pot shots at raptors is a federal offense!! LOL. Ok I did deserve it .
I did set the the parts up and took them to CF there is a couple holes to be drilled. I will do by best to get things wrapped up this weekend.
Tin Falcon

Nah, no pot shot intended, really!

Peeps get busy. Heck, I'm holding up TB2 myself with my mill conversion, so I got no room to talk.

BTW, got to see a bald eagle in its nest in Alaska. Those are big darned birds! It was an amazing sight, but I didn't have a camera. Ate the best salmon ever. We took a float plane excursion to a salmon camp.

But I digress.

Sorry!

BW

I have all the parts now but it has been way too cold to venture out to the garage. Went out last week for a little while to do a "need to" job not a "want to" job and I went back in the house as soon as I was done.

Mrs. Claus didn't get me that much wanted heater for Christmas! DOH!! :(

Tin, just received your parts this morning.:)...nice job.

I am going to head down to the shop in a bit and see if I can find the bearing that I know I got and start assembly. If I can't find the bearing block then I will have to wait till my new mill arrives and I am released from the surgeon to go back to being able to do things again.

Bob

Bob good to hear the parts arrived.
The packages were sent first class on the 4th so the rests should be arriving soon.
Joe will send your kit out in the AM.
Tin

Tin

The package arrived safe and sound today. Know what I'll be doing now....

This thing is going to look great, everybody did a really nice job on their parts.

Cheers, Joe

Hi all

Spent several hours in the shop yesterday and tonight, and here we are:

I'm pretty damned pleased with this one, it ran first time I put the air to it! Fit and finish of all the parts is really good, you guys did a great job :bow:

Joe

Nice work to all!

Looks great Joe. Looking forward to getting the rest of my TB-2 parts. ;D

Sure got a big smile here Joe!

To the entire group involved in this team build:

In a working job shop you might have 12 machinists working on parts
or different operations of a part to complete a project. 20% of their
days efforts are pointing out the short comings of the other people
involved in the project. "My work would have been better and on time
if his work would have been better and on time."

It's a night and day difference here.
Congratulations to ALL of you for your cooperation and persistence in