Tasker engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seadragonfoundry

Reaction score
This is one of my older builds and the "Pride of the Fleet". Copper boiler 100 psig, 4" scale.

Furnaces and engines 009.jpg

Furnaces and engines 010.jpg

Furnaces and engines 011.jpg

Furnaces and engines 012.jpg

A great looking machine. Are the plans available?

Nice engine and very good workmanship.May I ask,how long did you take to build and complete?

Took me forever to build attached as in between I had to DIY some tooling,e.g.Rotary table to cut the sphereical governor frame and weights.Safety valve,throttle valve and gas burner took some time.The copper boiler and silver brazing was tough too.Then trying to get it to get up and run.
Was frustrating but I got it moving.Was my first attempt to build a Model Steam Tractor.

IMG_0250.jpg

Hello Gus, The build took me 2 years and 3 months, I averaged about 40 hours a week ( while working full time), obviously I was a bit obsessed and my wife was very understanding! Well done on your engine, it is always the journey that is interesting,not just the destination.
Regards
Graeme

Reactions: gus
I am a 69ner retiree.Actually retrenched with a golden handshake at 58.Like you I average 40 hrs per week.
Ran a machineshop with full compliment of 2 Leblonde Tool Room lathes,Bridgeport Vertical Mill,Okamoto Surface
Grinder,China 12" Shaper,Vertical Keyway Slotter,80 ton bender# and 300 ton Deep Draw Press#.
With the lathe,mill and shaper,I could have done some model engines.
Did think of staying back after work to make own model engines but after a full day it is time to head home
& relax.Today I average 2--3 hours in the morning and another 2 from 4---6pm.Taking my sweet time to do the best cut. Would have been tough to pass time.There is weekend fishing.Life has been kind to me.
My daughter lives in Glenhuntly.

Take care.

Back