table heigth on mill

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozzie46

Reaction score

Could some one with Grizzly G0704 mill please tell me the height of the table from the floor? With mill mounted on the supplied stand. And the height of the stand? I am trying to see if I need to make a riser of some sort to get the table to a good working height for me. My mill should be here late next week.

Thanks

Ron

Ron,
It's about 31.5". It's a little low for me (I'm 6" 2"), so I often sit on a stool when using it, but then find it hard to reach the z axis handwheel. A riser would be an improvement.

Phil

Thanks Phil, I'm 6' and stooping over is on my old back so I like to stand as straight as possible.

Ron

I made a riser for my 8 X 36" mini BP; I'm 6' 2"

I went the simple route. I cut some 1" X 6" MDF (That fake chipwood stuff) planks and simply made two stacks of them, a total of perhaps 6" front and rear, and placed a piece of galvanized sheet metal on the top layer. Got the mill onto that, and it's worked fine for 15 years. One advantage is that the chipwood compresses and any base casting inaccuracies are absorbed by the wood. The whole thing becomes stable and shake-free after a few days.

It's not perfectly level, but I've never used a level in set-up, and it has not created any inaccuracies at all. The machine produces true right angles.

Thanks for the info Swede. That's good to know.

Ron

Latest posts

Back