T head engine by Brian

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian . Here are a couple of pictures one is almost full right and the other is almost full left and it stays where you position it .
. image.jpeg
image.jpeg
4.8 volt battery pack , servo , tester .
Bill

Bill,
I would be interested in knowing where you purchased those parts. I see many options but have a hard time knowing which parts would work together.
Thanks
Brian,
Nice result as usual on the engine.

Mike

Last edited:
Bill,
I would be interested in knowing where you purchased those parts. I see many options but have a hard time knowing which parts would work together.
Thanks
Brian,
Nice result as usual on the engine.

Mike
I will see if I can find a link and post it , there is also a model railway supplier that sells a unit to control 1 to 4 servos that can be programmed with throws and speed of travel . I have several of these on my model train layout .
Bill

Thanks Bill.
Sorry to interrupt your thread Brian.
Mike

You can do anything you want to. I don't use castings for anything I make, so can't really advise you on what you can and can't cast.---Brian

This is the T head engine I designed and built a few months ago. I finished the engine, tuned it to run and took a video. Then it went up on the shelf. Yesterday I had some free time, so I got it off the shelf, down to my work area, and made up a spring return bracket and a throttle extension handle with a return spring. I started it up, adjusted the idle, and then let the engine run until it ran out of fuel. I had my office door open while this was happening so I didn't gas myself. Actually, I went into my machine shop and worked on something else until I heard the engine quit.

Sir, you do some awesome work up there in the frozen north. I only wish I had the time to develop half of your skills. How many of these do you have on shelves?

Brian, have you considered doing a video of all the engines? I am sure many of us will enjoy seeing the whole gammut of your work. And to listen to your dulcet tones describing them - and why you made them - would keep us all feeling warm when the garage is too cold for working.
K2.

That's not going to happen fellows. If you notice, all of my i.c. engines are powered by an "ignition box" which sets next to them. That same ignition box runs all of my i.c. engines, because a 12 volt automotive ignition coil costs about $50 here.

Richard---Yeah, I think I'll taKe a couple of hours and ten thousand feet of copper wire and wind my own coils. I only need 19 more.

Last edited:
That's not going to happen fellows. If you notice, all of my i.c. engines are powered by an "ignition box" which sets next to them. That same ignition box runs all of my i.c. engines, because a 12 volt automotive ignition coil costs about $50 here.

The other way to show all your engines running is to edit a video that shows all of them running, one at a time, combining 20 videos into one long video. Or people could go to your YouTube channel and look at them. I'm assuming you have at least one video of all of them.

Probably easier than winding 19 more coils, if you have the software.

Latest posts

Back