SX3 limit switches

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjk

Woodworker (reformed)
Reaction score
I recently completed conversion of my SX3 mill using the CNC Fusion kit. At the moment I have no limit switches but want to add them. Electrically this is not a problem, but I am having a problem finding switches that look like they will be a good fit to the SX3. What are the CNC'd SX3 users in the group using for limit/home switches?

This is the proximity sensor that I use.

They are high accuracy so they work well as both home and limit switches. A bit of drilling and tapping is required to mount them, Nothing too major.

They have 3 wires, Active and neutral wired to a 24v power supply and the third wire is a signal wire which is wired to my breakout board. The accuracy is excellent and return to the identical position when I home the machine. I also am in the process of designing a 10 position tool changer to fit the SX3 at the moment, Based on the Tormach design,I will upload some idea's once the unit is completed and working.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10pcs-SN...ultDomain_0&hash=item19cea55d74#ht_1930wt_754

Cheers Baz.

Thanks for that Baz - Got a picture of how you placed/mounted them on the SX3?

Hi, I will post a couple of photo's of my mounting method. I am away for work at the moment for another 10 days but will do it as soon as I return home.

this will be convenient and should be able to get some good pics as my machine is semi pulled apart at the moment for the auto tool changer mod.

Chat soon.
Baz.

Hmmmm. Tool changer implies power drawbar. Did you post that somewhere?

Hi,I sent you a P/M with pictures of the SX3 limit switches today.
I did not post it here as the message was very lengthy.
I also put 2 links there one for Hossmachine, This guy is a genius when it comes to the SX2, SX3 machines. There is lots of info there.

Also a link to Tormach for the auto tool changer and collet style quick change tool system.

Please let me know if it is not in you'r PM box and I will re send it.

Cheers Baz.

Back