SX3 DRO Installation

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlmanatee

Reaction score
Here are some pics of the Shumatech DRO with Chinese scales I recently completed on my SX3.

- Jack

dro1.jpg

droX.jpg

droY.jpg

droZ.jpg

Hi,
Father Christmas bought me a new SX3 this year and I am very pleased with it. I would love to fit some DRO's and on a limited budget your set up seems very attractive. I am familiar with the scales used but not the display. Can you forward to me details of the display, connection leads and any other information that would enable me to replicate your set up. I would also appreciate any advice that you may have with is approach + the system limitations.
Regards Geoff

Hi Geoff,
This is a Shumatech DRO. You can get it as a kit in many levels of completeness. For instance (like I did) you can get all the parts, the PCB, the enclosure, etc. Or just the PCB, etc. You cannot get one completely built though. You'll be doing some soldering.
Check out Scott Shumate's site at http://shumatech.com or for even more info, check out the Shumatech Yahoo group at

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ShumaTech/

Shumatech kits can be purchased from a supplier in Australia or the U.K. There is no U.S. supplier which is a bit weird as Scott is in Texas. You can get a complete kit for about $173 (USD).

Hi Jack I built one in 2005 and was really happy with the features it provided. Looks like you did a great job of installation!

I ended up with a double order from one of the vendors (I don't remember which one it was right now.) One of these days I should post what I have to the Shumatec group and see if someone wants it.

Oooh, I do, I do. I've sent you a seperate email. I want to DRO my 9x20 lathe.

- Jack

Hi Jack got your email and will take pics of what I have and send them to you. I looked and it was Mouser that doubled the order so I pretty much have all the stuff that was bought from mouser back when this first got started.

Latest posts

Back