SX3 Conversion

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the most fun I've had since the pigs ate my little brother!!!! :big:

Matt

Got da call. Back to work on Monday.............Lay off is over!!!!!!!!!!

Matt

Now that is worth celebrating Matt! Thm:

Great News!

Rick

Sounds like the layoff was only just long enough for this conversion to get done.

Think it will slow you down any on the conversion? Looks like you have it all done except for icing the cake. :D

Congrats on the work situation,
Kermit

Kermit said:
Think it will slow you down any on the conversion?
Kermit

Sounds like the first month or so we will be working locally, so should be able to wrap up a few things up in the basement in the evenings. Then I'll be on the road working a way from home the rest of summer and to our camper at the lake on the weekends with the family, so things will be on hold til after deer season in the fall.

Matt

Congratulations on the both the conversion and the job Matt.
I'm glad you got the work...you were having too much fun with the conversion. ;D

good to hear you are getting back to work . Make sure you take good notes and write things down . also organize parts and materials . less hassle in the fall when you are tying to remember everything and start over.
tin

Thanks Z and Tin.............

Next comes the lathe. Should be fun now with the aid of the CNC Mill. I really enjoy this kinda stuff. I really don't know much about it, but is very interesting to me. I want to thank all of you that helped me through making this conversion a reality.

Matt

Tin Falcon said:
good to hear you are getting back to work . Make sure you take good notes and write things down . also organize parts and materials . less hassle in the fall when you are tying to remember everything and start over.
tin
Tin
Should of taken your advice a bit more serious. After 5 months of 70+ hour weeks and numerous summer projects, finally got a sunday afternoon in the basement. I think I have forgot way more than I ever learned last winter. I was totally lost down there today...............And where the hell did the bench go. It take a month of sundays to find my way through all the accumulated junk. O well winter is coming and so will another layoff to start over and get the lathe converted and relearn everything I forgot. :noidea:

Matt

Hey Matt!!

Welcome back. Hope they are letting you have a break finally!

Tin
Should of taken your advice a bit more serious.
well I try , and do not think I am perfect or anything close. usually when i give such advice it is because I have fell in the same trap at least a half dozen times myself . Been there done it sweated in the t- shirt after I printed on it.
Memory is a funny thing ask me what I did last Wednesday and probably cant tell you ask me what i did Sept 10 2001 I can tell you almost by the hour and tell you I had Chinese takeout for supper. Weird
Well anyway welcome back
Tin

Latest posts

Back