Stuart Turner Compressor

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! I haven't seen one of those before. (I have been a bit curious about these Stuart models for more than 20 years - since I made my Sun engine). Must be as rare as rocking-horse doo dah!
Thanks for info.
K2

Did Stuart provide any assembly drawings or materials list with the kits?
I'm creating the compressor in CAD for "something to keep me busy" & would like to know some more details. (I'm working off the drawings posted here)

John

I also wondered if there was a sheet #2 to the Stuart drawing as I can't see how this design would function without combined suction/delivery valves.

G

Probably there was a more "sketched" assembly drawing as with Stuart current kits.
About the valves, it has only a delivery valve (12) in the head and the intake is through a port between the cylinders, uncovered at the bottom of the stroke

With the pictures, info & drawings posted in this thread, I put these assembly drawings together. I'm a little unclear about some of the materials used, so I kind of used familiar materials.

Hope it helps.

Merry Christmas!

John

Attachments

• compressor.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 434
Great plans John!

Very impressive!
I have not found any additional information in my fathers files about the compressor...
I am very impressed with the work everyone is doing with the small amount of information and pictures that have been provided. Since I have an old compressor (the one seen in the pictures of this thread), I was wondering if any additional pictures would be helpful. Or perhaps a tear down, clean up, measurement, detail photos, and re-assembly would be in order.
Eventually, I will be cleaning the compressor I have (to some extent) for evaluation and possible sale. The objective being to assess the condition and appropriately disposition estate items. In my retirement dreams I had hoped to attend events and travel (to Oshkosh, WI and the EAA Airshow for example) and one of the shows related to HMEM would have been fun. But health, family, and finances have preempted those plans...

With apologies to johnmcc69, for them as aren't bothered with colours and value the file space :-

Regards Ian.

Attachments

• ST compressor page_1.pdf
    361.2 KB · Views: 390
  • ST compressor page_2.pdf
    527.4 KB · Views: 372
Hi Circlip! We are still in the land of the living( or nearly)
OK, I would have thought that almost any 4 stroke single or double it of kit would work.

I'm still on an ancient( very ancient) BEN Handispray and the obvious tyre/tire plug in to 12 volt battery/ DC source would work OK.
Eve more yonks ago I had one of these gadgets that replaced a conventional sparking plug and seemed to be a vibrating ball bearing affair.

Well, it did work- in fact I sprayed the damaged door on my old Mini Cooper ( 1963 vintage) with it.

The gun( I'm not joking was an old scent spray bit fastened onto a screw top tin that had contained cellulose paint. The control was my thumb over a hole in the brass bit of the airline.
It wasn't very elegant but it was better than the Flit gun- ex The Meta; Box Co,

Best Wishes

Norman

Hiya Stormin, yes still stealing others air, keep reading your ramblings.

Best wishes for yourself and all the members on the forum and hope for a better and free New Year.

Regards Ian.

Thanks Ian
Last time we spoke, you were in Wensleydale. Now Bradford?
Half of my lot are in Alwoodley,
Best Wishes for a Better New Year
Regards

Norman

did you get that set of ebay? with the chipped cooling fin? if so i apologise for running it up.
Could I ask how much that set of castings went for on EBay? I have just acquired a set but not really my thing so I may sell them. Thanks

wayne

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 235
Thanks for the info! Don’t know what I’m doing with it yet. Maybe sell. Yes missing a few parts but I think all the main parts are there. East can be made no problems.

wayne

Latest posts

Back