Quantcast

Stuart Turner Compressor

Help Support HMEM:

BS_Texan

Reaction score
I was rummaging through my father's old files and found these plans. I have the actual compressor too, it has been sitting on a shelf for about 25 years at my house, and another 30 at his house. Age and health are getting to me.... so, I'm gathering information on how to assess and disposition all manners of "stuff". The print is date Jan 1957 (issue date). I think we may have other info, i am continuing to look for that.
I'd appreciate comments on what to do with it. i.e. sell, donate, whateveer
Thanks.
Bill

Attachments

Charles Lamont

Reaction score
The Stuart compressor is a quite rare item, as it is a long time since castings were last available. Cleaned up, it should be snapped up on Ebay, where ST stuff generally fetches a lot.

BS_Texan

Reaction score
Thank you for your comments. I am still looking for additional information. I wanted to add some pictures of the compressor for all to see. Just remember that this is the "as-is" condition. It has been on a shelf in a garage for at least 50 years. It still turns, and if you put your finger over the output fitting it still pumps air. I do not see any markings or identifications on it. When i was very little, my father had a compressor mounted in a 1950's pickup engine compartment. I remember he could attach a belt to the generator pulley and run the compressor to fill a small WWII surplus aircraft oxygen bottle. I do not know if this is that air compressor, but i suspect it is.
Stuart-Turner-Compressor-IMG_2069.jpg

miss_emma_jade

messer about.
HMEM Supporter
Reaction score
scan the drawings or get them scanned, get them touched up, and bung them on the internet with a 10 dollar download fee. build a steam engine for the compressor.

Latest posts