Stuart Turner 600 revisited. (methuselah)

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcurl451

Reaction score
Hello Chaps! This ain't David writing, it's his son, Andrew. The story so far is that my Dad bought some 600 castings, which someone had started (badly) and he's gradually correcting the errors, remachining, and building it up. It' a magnificent bit of kit! He's self-taught but has become a competent machinist.

However, he had been ringing me in Luton on a regular basis, fretting about cams (I've got those covered) and valve springs in particular and driving me nuts! Just at the minute I'm staying with him in Telford for a break, the spring conversation is now incessant (when not arguing about the speed of light being an absolute) and the old goat is driving me f£&$ing insane...

So pleaaaaase can someone put this guy out of my misery and provide details of those poxy springs? Open length, the wire gauge and the number of turns? It's not a lot to ask. He's gone through murders (read: put us both through murders) with springs before and I need it to stop.

In fact, what would be especially useful (really, really helpful) would be if someone in the Telford area would stick their head above the parapet and let us visit and inspect a complete engine. In fact, if anyone has a complete engine, or knows of someone with one, I'D pay for him to go to a different pigging CONTINENT if it just put the spring "problem" to bed. I've enough machining puzzles of my own to think about.

Please help before we go completely bl%$dy bonkers!

-Andrew UK

Andrew, did you ask on the "small power Engines" FB group that I suggested a while ago? You will need to join.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/797064923991365
Must admit with most of my engines I just have a rummage in the spring box to find something that fits and feels about right

Latest posts

Back