Stuart Engineering Lathe

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coopertje

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
After many months of machining, learning, struggling and all things I forgot finally my miniature lathe is finished! The build is described here: http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/index.php?topic=10956.0

Lathe1.jpg

Lathe282.jpg

Lathe283.jpg

Lathe284.jpg

Lathe285.jpg

Lathe286.jpg

Thanks to everybody providing solutions and tips during the build, and of course all the people for checking in!

Regards Jeroen

Jeroen

Wow, that is a very nice minature that you have built. I have watched it take shape in your build log and knew that it would look great when all assembled. You can be proud of the one. :bow: :bow:

Cheers :)

Don

A really lovely model :bow:
Pete

BEAUTIFUL job Jeroen - well done indeed :bow: :bow:

Kind regards, Arnold

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L
Very nice miniature lathe!!!! :bow:

More congratulations! You should put that under a nice acrylic or glass cover to keep the dust (and moisture) off of it.

Super job! And I think you should mount a small turned bar in the chuck, and gather up a *tiny* bit of really fine swarf to "decorate" the lathe a bit! ;D

Very nice, I really like this, it reminds me of a retirement gift that was once made in our shop. I like the whole display.Dave

Thank you all for your kind replies!

Mmmmm....plastic cover I considered, not against the dust, I am more concerned about my wife with her vacuumcleaner..."sorry honey the cleaner eat your small tool....dont be mad I did not do it on purpose". :big:

I like the idea of adding a pre-turned axle in he chuck, crossed my mind before but also left it again somehow during the build.

Regards Jeroen

Jeroen,

Late again but beautiful work. :bow: :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Flawless execution... beautiful presentation. I am sure you are very proud of the results! All the best.

Back