Stuart boiler HB4 with noisy ceramic burner.

Discussion in 'Boilers' started by Mechanicboy, Oct 31, 2019.

Help Support HMEM by donating:

1. Oct 31, 2019 #1

Mechanicboy

Mechanicboy

Mechanicboy

Hi folks!

When i lit the ceramic burner it burn a nice red glowing ceramic and burn silent. When the burner are in the furnace, there is problem where noise came from burner after some minutes silent burning. There is hot exhaust from chimney with silent burning, after some minutes suddenly it came noise from burner and a bit smoke from chimney + weak hot. Is it common problem in Stuart boiler HB4 with ceramic burner without secondar air?

The jet is number 8 who followed with the set of boiler/burner.

2. Feb 14, 2020 #2

Rudy

Rudy

Rudy

Well-Known Member HMEM Supporter

Mecanicboy
    I recognize this phenomena from my propane terrace heater. After a while it started to make noise like a ram jet, but still burning behind the ceramic element. This was caused by false air leaking in behind the ceramic element, making the mixture wrong. This leads me to believe when you put the burner into the furnace the mixture becomes to rich because of less surrounding air. I would try to open up the holes where the air enters the burner just in front of the jet. If i'm wrong, try to make them smaller.
    Another thing maybe worth trying, lift the furnace a few mm from the base so there will be moe air flow to the burner.
    I'm actually in the process of making a boiler my selves and have bought some of that ceramic stuff to make a burner, so i'm right behind you!
    Rudy

3. Feb 14, 2020 #3

Mechanicboy

Mechanicboy

Mechanicboy

Thanks you for reply.. I has created the burner who are noiseless. :) Works very well. The burner is Primus 2,6 kiloWatt camping burner. IMG_20200214_173347.jpg IMG_20200214_173426.jpg

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    Rudy likes this.

Draft saved Draft deleted