Stuart Beam engine ready for show

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW!!! That is truly a stunning piece of work!
Love the colour scheme!!
Truly beautiful!!!
:bow: :bow:

A truly excellent departure from the ho-hum, i have no artistic imagination, everybody else does it, color choice(s). It always seems like Stuart models are painted in the usual drab, English Green or Moroon, when there is an entire range of colors and shades that can be used to accent and highlight these fine engines. It is quite refreshing to see something to set this one apart from the rest of the pack. Very clean, and simple. BRAVO! More erectors should make attempts to 'break the mold' as it were and get a little more creative when it comes to choices of color on a particular model.

BC1
Jim

Thank you, all, for your kind and generous words. They make the effort worthwhile.

Regarding a video, I've not gotten into that game, yet. I think one of our still cameras has a video mode; but, our Internet connection is too slow to permit uploading to YouTube, or whatever.

The engine runs well on compressed air. I hook it to a regulator and adjust it until it ticks over nicely. The pressure gauge barely bumps off zero with each stroke and the exhaust lets out a satisfying and steady phft, phft, phft.

I'll keep working on the video angle.

Thanks again for all your comments.

Best regards,

Orrin

The beam engine was one of ten nominated for Best of Show at GEARS. I didn't expect it to win because much more sophisticated projects were also in the running. I'm pleased.

Orrin

Well done Orrin - Getting in the top 10 is a big step in the right direction. And as long as you are pleased with the result, that's a great personal achievement! :bow:

Kind regards, Arnold

I also have seen this first hand and agree with Dave it is a wounderfull build. I enjoyed meeting Orrin and Dave at the show also.It was a nice day and am looking forward to next years show. I had my family with me and buy the time I got over to Orrin's table the wife and kids were a little burnt and getting hungry so I was not able to stay and chat as long as I would have liked to.
Again I enjoyed the show and meeting Orrin and Dave
Dave

Once again, thank you, all, for your kind and generous words; they make the effort worthwhile. SteamDave and d-m, especially, thank you! It was a delight to visit with both of you at GEARS.

Dave and d-m, did you see the Bob Washburn auction flyer at GEARS? I attended it and brought home his Sharp mill and a couple other goodies. It was the sale of my dreams. Bob bought the Sharp, new, and it now that it is all cleaned up, it almost looks unused.

Right now, I'm digging through my junk boxes and making a pile of things I'll need for a rotary phase converter. Except for the run capacitors, I think I have everything on hand to do the job.

Bob Washburn was the publisher of Strictly IC magazine.

Best regards.

Orrin

Orrin said:
Once again, thank you, all, for your kind and generous words; they make the effort worthwhile. SteamDave and d-m, especially, thank you! It was a delight to visit with both of you at GEARS.

Dave and d-m, did you see the Bob Washburn auction flyer at GEARS? I attended it and brought home his Sharp mill and a couple other goodies. It was the sale of my dreams. Bob bought the Sharp, new, and it now that it is all cleaned up, it almost looks unused.

Right now, I'm digging through my junk boxes and making a pile of things I'll need for a rotary phase converter. Except for the run capacitors, I think I have everything on hand to do the job.

Bob Washburn was the publisher of Strictly IC magazine.

Best regards.

Orrin

Orrin

A little bird told me that you (and he) attended the auction and got the Sharp mill.

Dave
The Emerald Isle

Latest posts

Back