Stroboscopic Tachometer app for iPhones - Great for finding RPM’s of your spindle

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jennifer, may I hijack your excellent post please?

For those who are partially sighted there an I phone app called 'Seeing AI' which can read print etc and talk back. It needs to be a fairly new I-phone- I'm not literate that way but as it has helped me, it may do the same for the similarly afflicted.

Thanks, Apologies and Best Wishes

Norman

Hi Norman,

My partner is a victim of Macular Degeneration, so I can empathise,

Jenny

I've just had a frightener. Thursday, I had an eyeball injection and it was only through the early hours of today that the dreaded 'Black spot[ finally disappeared. Apparently, it is only caused by a tiny air bubble getting in with the hypodermic needle which causes it BUTo_O

Let me know her opinion, please. My help came from a good friend in the Women's 'Destitute':)

So I'm lucky!
If it is any consolation, my rotten eyesight has improved. Conceivably, I might be at the stage where the frequency of jabs is reduced- and maybe there will be a point when I will only go when I decide- so they say.
Of course the ongoing problem is that I have to have COPD 'exercises' twice a week- and I fear that 'ongoing' means forever.

In a way, it is a good thing because I am cognisant of other peoples difficulties- and I am able to help Ovarian cancer which took my wife exactly 4 years ago and prostate cancer which has either taken a lot of my mates or they are been treated. Of course, there are other needy charities

'We' could do with a lot more helpers with donations.

So Jenny, it must not be easy for you and your partner either. I sincerely understand and hope things improve for her, too

Norman

Hi Jenny again,
I have been to my son's for Father's Day and his whizz kids have successfully downloaded the stroboscopic app on to my phone, woo hoo! So this septagenarian has been brought up yet again in to the 21st century.
Thank you again for the heads up about the app.
Cheers Borriss
PS: I was born in Donny and used to go for holidays in Bridlington!

Hi Jenny,
Thank you for the I phone info. My phone is definitely an I phone 5C.
Thank you again,
Borriss

Jenny

I read this topic with interest until I realised you were talking about iOS apps. My phone is one of those horrible evil Huawei P20 Lite (the nickname for it at work is the 'Chinese Secret Agent phone' !). It runs on Android. I looked in the Android Play Store and after several false starts found an app called 'Strobe Light' by 'Chic Apps'. It uses the phone flash light and can be set at any speed up to 30Hz which is of course 1800 rpm.

HTH

Ivan from Bradford, West Yorks

Latest posts

Back