Stirling 60 completed

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fingers

Reaction score
Hi i have just finished my latest build a Stirling 60 designed by Jeroen jonkman with some minor changes that i made . I found the plans for it in the downloads section of this site. I contacted him recently to tell him i have finished his design and it seems I might be the first to have build it I just wanted to share it here as it is a very nice little runner and a nice design.
Regards Jamie
photo-18.jpg

Nice build Jamie. Any chance of posting a video of it running?

Bill

Jamie,

Nice work :bow:

That one is next on my to-do list. I would appreciate any advice based on your experience. Did you have to make any changes to the drawings etc?
Did it run 1st time or did you have to tweak something to get it running?

Looking forward to seeing a video ;)

Dave

Beautiful work, would love to see a video.
Brock

Thanks everybody for your comments.
I am just loading it to youtube now so i will have a link to post soon for the video soon.
Regards making it the only difference i made from the plans apart from the base were I made a graphite piston instead of brass. I did have some trouble trying to get it to run but when i contacted the designer he advised me I had to much friction, with a new better fitting displacer cast iron bearing and steel rod it worked a treat.
regards

Here is the link to the video as requested and a few more pictures
Jamie
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/user/finn535?feature=mhee#p/a/u/0/I96fmH-3-jI[/ame]

P1020446-1.jpg

P1020447.jpg

P1020448.jpg

Jamie very nice :bow:. I am half way through building this beautiful engine myself I am waiting to get a mill to finish it off hopefully this summer.
Is there anything I should watch out for when building.
Any advice would be gratefully received.
Thank you for sharing your build.

Rob.......

Very well done indeed Jamie Thm: ;D

This engine is on my own to-build list; I just need to find the bearings for the crankshaft...

Kind regards, Arnold

That is a magnificent model. Hand made, simple, beautifully finished,it works - a real piece of art
Barry G

Beautiful! Well done, Jamie.
Orrin

Cheers everybody for the comments.
Rob if your wondering about any problems I had when I made this. My biggest problem was the first bearing I drilled for the displacer had a run off which was causing me to much friction. I made a new one using 3mm silver steel for the rod the I lapped the 3mm CI bearing with some fine grinding paste, this really helped me get it running. Also there are a couple of dimensions for linkages missing. Im not sure which ones of the top of my head If you run into them, you tell me and I will give you the measurements off mine.
I also changed from a brass power piston to a graphite piston.
I have also not used any soldering just high temp loctite bearing retainer ,this is working fine with no problems after many hours of running. If I think of anything else I will update feel free to ask
Regards jamie

jamie nice job and fun to watch run, looks real good, and like all the brass and the finish.i would like to build one like it soon, where are the plans available.again nice job very nice work. jonesie

Lovely bit of work, that! Looks like a jewell. What is the bore of the power piston?

Chuck

Very well done !!! :)

I am also considering building this engine. I already picked up a couple test tubes at a local hobby shop for it.

Don
(Chads)

Latest posts

Back