Steamless "Boiler"

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kquiggle

Reaction score
Okay - this isn't really a boiler (more of a mock boiler), but I thought it was worth sharing:

I picked up a pressurized sprayer for next to nothing at a garage sale, and turned it into a compressed air supply for model steam engines. I made a stand for it to make it look a bit like a boiler, and rigged up a cam lever to switch the air supply on and off.

Although it will only run an engine for a minute or two, it's a convenient way to show off an engine as it fits readily on a kitchen table, coffee table, or bookshelf.

More details and pictures here:

https://sites.google.com/site/lagadoacademy/machining---lathes-mills-etc/build---steamless-boiler

And a quick pic (shown with wobbler engine):

IMG_20130921_163331.jpg

Always thinking about a portable air container for use on models, the best thing I could get years ago was a portable tank that was filled up by an air compressor. It was meant to allow you to pump up tyres on a trailer, car or caravan that was not near a compressor.

Paul.

For a smallish size tank I used to use a fire extinguisher for an air dart gun back in the college days. ;)

Back