Steam sirens revisited...

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

methuselah1

Reaction score
Good morning Chaps! I've started making a small siren, >2" body. Apart from a brief description on " instructables " there is a lamentable paucity of information on the 'net... I intend to run it on compressed air at 90 psi, so unless I am advised against doing so, it will be a ball or needle bearing job. I understand steam sirens are lubricated by the steam itself.

This path has been trodden before by "Powder keg", for one. PK wrote that he had uploaded drawings to our plans section, but I have been unable to find them. Can anyone provide a link? I also understand a good design was described in the first copy of EIM, but needless to say the publisher does not provide a copying service, or reprints.

My thanks, as always,

Andrew UK

Are you still thinking about this project? You mean a siren with a rotating internal component, not a whistle or horn? I made a one note train horn that was absurdly loud. Fairly easy if it is at all helpful to you.
The "very restrained" horn blast is at the beginning and end of the video.

Reactions: Zeb
Back