STEAM ENGINE TWO CYLINDERS. Homemade.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juandedios

Reaction score
Hello friends:

This is my second steam engine. Also manufactured manually, only with electric drill and hand tools.

zu21.png

In this video the manufacturing process and sees the first tests were:

[ame]http://youtu.be/ii14vtNAfvY[/ame]

Greetings to all.

Hello:

A steam engine requires a boiler, in these videos shown construction also of the bypass valve.

[ame]http://youtu.be/HMFpcupFWe0[/ame]

This video has already been instalodo oiler, important piece that improves performance and prevents wear of valves, cylinders and pistons.

http://youtu.be/rfU8mRS-Zto

It has now undergone some major improvements. I want to make a better "autovapor mad max" vehicle, when I finish the show.

Thank you and best regards

Nice work! Not easy to do such good work with minimal tools.

Juan, thats really impressive, & runs beautifully at slow revs.
I have a couple of questions.
Do you think a flywheel would make it even smoother?
The boiler is interesting & appears to heat the water tubes underneath. I'm wondering if the tubes were angled it may aid in better water circulation?
Great bit of true model engineering.
cheers,
Leonard

Wonderful workmanship.
I like your idea of the collars on the crank pins to keep the connecting rods centered.
The boiler looks very well made as well.
Proves once again even without a machine shop interesting engines are possible.
Thanks for posting.
Ernie Johnson

Thank you very much friends.

You're right, Leonard, the flywheel I plan to do from the beginning but still have not. When you have funciomara better. As for the tubes could be square or rectangular but I use copper tubing for water to be easier to acquire. Thanks for your comments.

The collars of the stumps while maintaining the focus rods increase the weld surface giving more resistance. Thanks Ernie.

Greetings.

I am very impressed with how smooth it runs at low revs, with no flywheel, and at high speeds it has some good torque, when you tried to stop it, it just picked right up when you let go, of the crankshaft, that's a smooth runner, and it looks good too.

thanks hobby.

You have commented on how it worked at different speeds. This video is dedicated to you better appreciated.

[ame]http://youtu.be/iSWzkRzv4PM[/ame]

These photos are more current.

qve2.jpg

0ri8.jpg

hxp5.jpg

Greetings to all.

Beautiful work.
How is soldered boiler?
Tin ?

Thank you for your nice words dalem9.

Thank mirek111.

The boiler is welded with silver tin 9%. But be welded with copper silver "brazing".

I've got 3 "pipe diameter., I'm gathering information to make a better and Soldare silver. Forum there is a section of very good boilers. I learn from you too.

Thank you friends.

Beautiful piece of work Juan.
Is that a condenser between the engine and boiler?
Looks like the exhaust piping runs into it, and I don't see any steam exhaust when running. Maybe I am missing something.
If it is a condeser, can you tell us more about the design.
Best Regards,
Terry S.

Thanks Terry_S.

No part says that. I put this picture to better identify them.
If you have any questions let me know. I have problems with the language, but I'll try my luck best answer.

Greetings.

uo4t.jpg

Very nice job Juan. Did you work from plans?
This engine would really go well in a Paddle Steamer.

Hola:por tu nombre supongo hablas castellano, me interesaría ver los planos del motor que construiste. Me hice un torno casero y estoy relizando mis primeras experiencia en motores a vapor. Si me puedes pasa algunos links de motores te lo agradecería . Estoy en argentia en salta al norte de este pais . Muchas gracias Bulke

Very nice job Juan. Did you work from plans?
This engine would really go well in a Paddle Steamer.

Corrado, thanks for your message.
This engine has no planes. I designed it in my head. I started making cylinders and pistons. Other parts creating them as I needed them.
I just made two or three simple drawings.
You're right, its shape match well with a paddle steamer.
Greetings.

Hola:por tu nombre supongo hablas castellano, me interesaría ver los planos del motor que construiste. Me hice un torno casero y estoy relizando mis primeras experiencia en motores a vapor. Si me puedes pasa algunos links de motores te lo agradecería . Estoy en argentia en salta al norte de este pais . Muchas gracias Bulke

Gracias bulke, que bién te entiendo y sin traductor, jeje.
Te contesto en mensaje privado.

Saludos desde España.

Very good job Juan!!!!!. Aqui otro aficionado al vapor, desde Galicia

Thank you very much for your message.

Un abrazo compañero.

Latest posts

Back