Started on my furnace !

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksor

Reaction score
Now I finally got started on my furnace and tested my Plasma Cutter 40 on a real project :doh: - I need some practice with the cutter for sure !

Let Google do the translation for you:

http://kelds.weebly.com/smelteovn.html

I wish you would put some sort of "clickable" link to Google Translate on your web pages. It's probably easy to do on my end, but I'm a lazy American monoglot , and seldom get around to it.

Aren't plasma cutters great? I don't own one but I have access - fantastic machines ;D

Having a furnace is the way to go. Got a burner yet?

Brock

Dunno how to translate but the pics look good

Hello Ksor
From the looks of your torch, i think you need a bigger compressor as insufficient air allows the torch to overheat.
Also fit a low air cutout switch if you do not wish to replace the torch regularly.
I have the same model cutter and I am able to cut to 25mm clean, and more but ragged.
Trev
added
Hello Ksor
150 liters min is the minimum at 60 psi min 100 psi is better this was found to stop damaged torches. The manual tells fibs.
A low pressure cutout consists of a pressure switch similar to the pressure switch on the compressor, this is fitted on the back of the cutter on a tee connector with the air supply
Many of switches have a normally open as well as normally closed contacts, the normally open contact is wired in series with the on switch on the torch so if there is low pressure it cuts the current immediately.
They are available from many sources try Google.
Trev

I'll see if I can make a "translate button" on my site !

No, I have no burner yet - in the first place I plan to use a propan torch I allready have - but I think it makes too much noice - can I make one DIY that is silent ?

xatxtal = trevorxatxtal ... yeah, I think I'll have to apply the "model" for a new compressor ;D because I want to cut thicker material too :mad: :mad:

Have you been able to utilize the furnace?

Have you been able to utilize the furnace?

Unfortunately not because I've done some painting and reparement on my house.

http://kelds.weebly.com/3/category/huset/1.html

I like working on more projects at a time - just not to get bored with each of them.

- this way the dream last longer too - I think you know the feeling - right ?

:) ... and now you got your translate button - right !

Latest posts

Back