• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Starrett master precision machinist level 6"

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philipintexas

Reaction score
As new in the original box. Virtually unused, perfect condition. Mfgr. # 50441 (98-6)

New $142. Sell for $85 plus shipping from 75154.

Out of curiosity I looked it up on the Starrett web site. I was surprised that they gave no information on the sensitivity of the level. It is definitely not a master precision level which would have a sensitivity of .0005" per foot.

I took the description from the ENCO (Now MSC) site. It is still described as ;
Master Precision & Machinists’ Levels Brand:Starrett Mfr Part #:50441

It is what it is, if you don’t need it fine, if you need a machinist’s level it is practically new and offered at a good price.

Not trying to mislead anyone here. I gave the Manufacturers part number. In the MSC on-line catalog, under the heading of “Master Precision & Machinists' levels”, The first level shown is what I have. It is indeed described as a Machinist’s level. The fact I didn’t know the difference, between .005" & .0005" sensitivity probably explains why I don’t have any need for this item.
It is a machinist’s level!

I never intended to imply hat you were trying to mislead anyone. Sorry if you were offended.

Latest posts

Back