- Nov 18, 2012
- Reaction score
Yes I did, thats going to become very handy!!
Good Idea!!You may want to consider drilling some 5/16" through holes between the spokes for chip evacuation, and then there will be less milling for the endmill. Drills remove metal a lot more efficiently. Just a thought.
HaHa no! Ive been wrestling with it, had some problems with it doing some strange things that I just didnt understand so I changed to a different machining op to get t to work like I thought it should.It looks like you have a pretty good handle on Sprut. Good job. ( That ain't easy )
Yes, I havent gone that far into it yet funny though, I thought I selected the same tool from the list. I have to check that out. I swear mach 3 was still stopping on the tool changes with the same number though??A couple of things. Your 1/8" endmill has 2 different tool numbers 2 & 3 , if you make it the same it won't go to tool change between ops.
Have you run the job. I DLed your project and ran it through my SprutCAM9. I changed machines to my Tormach 770 and posted it to Tormach Path Pilot.
I noted that you have some Feed and speed issues. At one point you were running a 1/8 end mill at 200 RPM. Been there done that and it tends to break end mills.
Were you going to do a round blank and just cut the recess and spokes. You could then drill and ream the shaft hole and use that with a fixture to hold the part for machining of the spokes.
The file extensions don't show up and I can't find the switch to make them show up. So when I highlight the file there is no .doc extension to backspace out.In Windows 8 file explorer I just right clicked on file and did a rename. Just backspaced the doc ext out and moved the dot between file name and tap. opened just fine in Gwizard Editor.
When you set your G54 0,0,0 did you then do the same for G55 so that both had the same work offsets.
I ran the code in Gwizard Editor and it ran fine there.