spherical turning

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pickstock

Reaction score
i wasnt sure if this is the best place to post this.
Im looking for some tips and tricks, or better yet plans on a spherical machining device.
id prefer non copyright or homade plans. but if needed im happy to buy them if somone can point me in the right direction

Think I must chase up my MEB. It usually arrives hear in the UK a day or two after the e-mail but I've not even had the e-mail yet?

I have a long enough cross slide to be able to mount the ball turner with teh compound and toolpost still in place

PICT0053.jpg

J

Jasonb said:
Think I must chase up my MEB. It usually arrives hear in the UK a day or two after the e-mail but I've not even had the e-mail yet?

Should be on the way - I got my email today.

Sorry for the hijack, pickstock.

It actually arrived yesterday and the e-mail a few hours later :)

J

not bothered by a jijack at all =)

i meant get back on and check earlier but forgot =(

thanks for the info guys just need to work out how to build amssive one =)

Here's a ball cutter I made which can just be mounted on my QCTP. It incorporates a lead screw, so I can accurately adjust ball diameter.

Spherical%20Cutter%2040.jpg

Spherical%20Cutter%2041.jpg

Spherical%20Cutter%2042.jpg

I took photos during the build:
http://peake-engines.com/spherical-cutter.php

Ball cutters are an awesome tool to have, and fascinating to watch, so whatever design you pick I'm sure you'll be pleased you did it.

Good Luck!

If you are still interested, I think I have my plans for the one I made ready for public consumption.

Or did I already post them in the download section.
I don't remember.

I will have a look on the other pc later.

Back