SPG9525 mill conversion

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete92

Reaction score
Hello folks!

Well today I started my first ever CNC conversion on my SPG tools SPG9525. Only baby steps but its progress non the less.

The machine has seen little use since I purchased it, due to the fact it has never been very good at being a milling machine. So a rebuild and conversion to CNC control can only be good for it.

I have removed the table from the machine to access the 2 acme screws. I am going to scrap these and fit anti-backlash ball screws. I will hopefully order 2 of them this week. Then once they are fitted I can turn my attention to the Z axis ball screw which will be a fair length.

I have added some pictures below of the progress, and also the brilliant quality Korean castings.... well it was cheap enough I guess.

yur7.jpg

yxa6.jpg

vq07.jpg

http://www.spgtools.com/viewtool.php?pid=7 This is the machine that is being converted.

I have a few questions regarding what people do for lubrication systems?

Cheers,

Pete

Some progress (sort of), the ball screw and nuts for the X / Y axis have arrived today, complete with the FK/FF adaptors.

Latest posts

Back