Spectacular fail

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin Falcon

Reaction score
Wow what can I say the first night launch of a spacecraft in a long time to generate an audience and it goes down in history. Unmanned but lots of supplies for the space station crew and total loss of the craft as well as major damage to the launch facility.
Lots of questions to be asked of all the designers engineers and craftsman that touched it. Oops can not cover it. Thank got no one killed but I still feel a terrible loss . Maybe I shouldn't but I do. And i had nothing to do with the project.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/28/us/nasa-rocket-explodes/index.html?eref=rss_topstories
Tin

Just hope it is not traced to one of the 3d printed parts LOL . Have to try to find some humor !!
I have walked through debris fields and have done a little forensic machining.
Crash: what happens when you run out of airspeed , altitude and ideas all at once.
Tin

On the bright side, no one was hurt and just some fallen egos. Rocketry till today is full of surprise. Years back the school kids were watching the rocket launch with their teacher on board.Watching the rocket blow up and your teacher and others gone was really hard to accept.
Just imagine how castrophic the trauma was.Till today I am sadden but got over it.

Sept 11?? 2001 was another. Months before that I was on the top floor of WTC.

On the bright side, no one was hurt and just some fallen egos.
Very much a bright side replacing the rocket will take time and money I hope not too much hardship for the space station crew that were expecting a shipment.

r
ocket launch with their teacher on board.Watching the rocket blow up and your teacher and others gone was really hard to accept.
Just imagine how castrophic the trauma was.Till today I am sadden but got over it.

Sept 11?? 2001 was another. Months before that I was on the top floor of WTC.

The WTC attack was very close to home A long time Friends son was a victim And I was active duty military for a year because of it.

Gus At some oint they may ask for volunteers to sweep the area. or call in the national guard.
Tin
Tin

Turbo pump failure?? That's my guess.
From what I hear could have somthing to do with 50 year old russian made engines. Hmmm
Tin

Could it be the M.I.C. Rocket Engines or MIC Rocket Fuel.

From the local papers, NUS aka National Unviersity of Singapore, professor was watching the launch, on board was a test device to detect ''entangle light particles'' developed by his research team. Sandwich size device was to be used on the space station and gone with the explosion.

And virgin galactic test flight ends in a crash and kill one pilot the other severely injured . The risk if space flight.
Tin

Dare I say it? The added cost of of using the lowest bidder!!
I think we have all learned from life that the lowest price tag is often not the item with the lowest cost often the inverse is true..
Tin

wonder if I could get a job metal detecting for the lost pieces....:)

Lol A1,

I guarantee you'd make better revenue searching the bottoms of yacht club jetties!
Lots of rings watches and other goodies down there.
J.

Back