Source for graphite piston material

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm building a flame eater and that is where I got my graphite; It's expensice as heck! Well the shipping was almost as much as the graphite. I was wondering if carbon block would work if you used a hole saw to get a blank and if you could trun and bore it? I sawed a piece and faced the end, drilled and used a 2 flute end mill ind the chuck to hollow the piston; placed a piece of paper under it to catch the shavings. I'm sure the graphite powder will come in handy for something sone day.

I'm building a flame eater and that is where I got my graphite; It's expensice as heck! Well the shipping was almost as much as the graphite. I was wondering if carbon block would work if you used a hole saw to get a blank and if you could trun and bore it? I sawed a piece and faced the end, drilled and used a 2 flute end mill ind the chuck to hollow the piston; placed a piece of paper under it to catch the shavings. I'm sure the graphite powder will come in handy for something sone day.
Mr Spoon, sure will you can bye graphite powder as lubricant

Chuck, I bought some stock from graphitestore.com and have been happy with it. You should know that what I got measured a few thou under size. ( 1/2" measured .497 )

Craig

Latest posts

Back