Something to drive ??

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a great build!!! Thanks for taking the time to post pictures!!!

Wow that is nice work. I like that piece.
The gear work is awesome too.

Wow!!! Reminds me of the pumps on the farm when I was a kid. Brings back lots of good memories.

Ron

Thanks to all for the support, it really helps keep the motivation going.
I just tidied up a few bits today as I wanted to get on with my air cooled amanco model. While having a well deserved coffee and a nice piece of cake, I was looking at the pump and think that it is such a nice model that I may mount it on its own and try and find a small geared motor to put in the base. This would allow me to drive it on its own or with an engine if I desired.
What does anyone think about running it on its own??

Cheers,
MartinH

Well it`s been a long time since I posted on the progress of the pump. It has not been the best of weather for finishing and painting but I have finally got it done. The base was made from 3mm plate with a teak top on it. The tank is a piece of pipe with ice lolly sticks glued to it to make it more like a barrel. The transfers were made by myself following the markings on the drawing for guidance. The pump and the base are painted in satin black. I added some small oilers with caps to the main bearings, these were not on the original but I thought it was the best way to get lube into the bearings and look the part.
I have enjoyed the process from taking a drawing to get it to a finished working article and it look as the original. I have had it belted up to my R&V model and it runs a treat Would I do it again? Yes, in fact I am going to measure up a full size Grover engine to try and reproduce it, the engine is gas with hot tube ignition and flyball governer to control the speed, everything you could wish for in an engine really !!!
Here are the photos of the completed pump, I hope you enjoy them. Will take a video when time allows.

Cheers,
MartinH

P.S. I will try and get the drawings finished asap.

SAM_0012.jpg

SAM_0011.jpg

SAM_0016.jpg

SAM_0017.jpg

SAM_0015.jpg

SAM_0014.jpg

SAM_0013.jpg

Magnificent workmanship Martin, and wonderful attention to detail even down to brass grease nipples and a lovely black finish and badging as per the original.

:bow: :bow: :bow:WOW that is beautiful!
Just amazing!

Hi Martin,
That's one classy piece of machinery you have built. Your build thread was great and the finishing touches add to it's beauty. Excellent!!!
gbritnell

'A thing of beauty is a joy forever' and that, my friend, is going to be a joy forever! Looking forward to seeing the drawings. Thm:

That's a beautiful machine you have made Martin. Outstanding!

Thanks for all the comments, they really are appreciated. As I said in an earlier post CAD is not my favourite thing to work with, I seem to spend hours on one drawing that takes two minutes on a scrap of paper. I have most of it drawn up now, just the difficult shaped parts to figure out how to do.

Cheers,
MartinH

Thanks for that info Pat, I have persisted with the CAD drawings after following your intro post a few months back. Was getting on well untill I hit the fancy bits!!!!!

Cheers, MartinH

Martin, Wow!!!....somehow i missed the beginning of this thread and then "flash" it seemed to be done. What a beautiful job in every aspect from the fabrication to the finishing and even the great transfers (lettering). I have just read through the whole thread. The whole thing is both unique and inspiring.

Regards,
Bill

Truly Stunning Martin :bow: :bow: :bow: Just perfect :bow: :bow: :bow:

Thank you for sharing...

Jeff

Very impressive work Martin. Something to really be proud of. Thm: Thm: Thm:
ironman (Ray)

Back