Some simple mods to my Sieg C6 Lathe

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My compliments! I'm sure that most if not all will also apply to the SiegSC and C4 lathes.

Incidentally, I have the older Axminster C4.

Regards

Norm

Thanks Norm, I've been so happy with this lathe in the 6 years that I've owned it.

I bought the C4 for all of £350, bought chucks and faceplates-- and then I bought the vertical mill attachment.

Tomorrow, I'm off to Doncaster Model Show in the UK to see what else there is- to spend the children's and grandchildren's inheritances:D

Cheers

Norm

Jim and Rudy?

Would it be correct to see what DRO's are fitted as the supplied rotary ones on my Sieg C4 are not really practical.. I keep getting recommendations for batteries from Axminster Tools and they don't work and I have to fiddle on with a £1 pack of assorted little batteries and hope for a connection. I've got a pair on my mill drill( RF 25 or 30) and these are great.

I hope that this is not interfering with the general importance of Jim's original posting

Regards from the other side of the North Sea

Here is my DRO setup. Not a C4, but I guess something similar can be applied to any lathe.
I first attached the scale on the apron with double sided tape, but that added a small hysteresis to the measurements. The clocks are magnetic and easy to move out of the way when I use the compound.
Rudy
IMG_20190510_124700.jpg
IMG_20190510_124637.jpg
IMG_20190510_124612.jpg
IMG_20190510_124511.jpg
IMG_20190510_124518.jpg
IMG_20190510_124545.jpg

I said I moved the clocks out of the way when I used the compound, that's because I made short wires to make it more tidy. Longer wires will allow the compound to be rotated without moving the clocks.
Rudy

Latest posts

Back